Why do parents focus on putting their kids on an intense one-sport-only track? Do they think it will help them reach professional sports levels sooner? Will it give them a better chance by sacrificing other sports? The answer might surprise you. Sport specialization – an intense focus on one sport… Continue reading
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021Some Kabul safe houses, where hundreds of Afghans who helped the Canadian military and non-governmental organizations are waiting to flee to Canada, are set to be closed in two weeks because of lack of funding.
- 'Exercise extreme caution': 40 shipping containers lost in rough seas off Vancouver Island October 22, 2021The Canadian Coast Guard and United States Coast Guard are warning boaters after 40 shipping containers were tossed from a cargo ship Friday in rough seas off Vancouver Island.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021Olympic champion Kelsey Mitchell won a bronze medal in women's sprint Friday at the world track cycling championship.
- Pens' star Crosby: still no timetable for return from injury October 22, 2021Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby still isn't sure when he will be cleared to return after he had left wrist surgery last month.
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know