The riding of Haliburton—Kawartha Lakes—Brock includes the City of Kawartha Lakes, Cavan-Monaghan Township, Haliburton County and the Township of Brock. With a population of 113,956, Haliburton—Kawartha Lakes—Brock has a prominent number of seniors who make up nearly 26 per cent of the population, according to the latest census. The average… Continue reading
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- UCP leadership review coming this spring following five-hour-long caucus meeting September 23, 2021The United Conservative Party says it will be moving up its annual general meeting in 2022 from the fall to the spring, and it's Jason Kenney's idea to do so.
- 2 people arrested for allegedly feeding Stanley Park coyotes on day of reopening September 22, 2021On the day restrictions were lifted at Vancouver's Stanley Park, two people were allegedly caught feeding the coyotes that prompted the park's overnight closure.
- UCP leadership review coming this spring following five-hour-long caucus meeting September 23, 2021
- NHLer Tyler Bertuzzi is only unvaccinated Detroit Red Wings player, will miss games in Canada September 23, 2021Detroit general manager Steve Yzerman expects Tyler Bertuzzi to miss all nine of the Red Wings' games in Canada this season because the forward has declined to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- USOPC will require COVID-19 vaccine for all US athletes at Beijing Games September 23, 2021The United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee on Wednesday said all U.S. athletes hoping to compete at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- NHLer Tyler Bertuzzi is only unvaccinated Detroit Red Wings player, will miss games in Canada September 23, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know