In a report submitted to Council last month, Cavan Monaghan Director of Finance Kimberley Pope reported that the financial impact of COVID-19 on the municipality totalled $302,875 as of the end of August. Of this, $188,760 is attributable to lost rental revenues from recreational facilities of $67,747 and late payment… Continue reading
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- 'Blacklisted': Nova Scotia First Nation pulls commercial lobster boats from the water October 21, 2020The chief of the First Nation behind a disputed moderate livelihood lobster fishery in Nova Scotia says recent vandalism and the loss of potential sales has cost the band more than $1.5 million.
- Quebec reports 1,072 new cases of COVID-19, 19 more deaths October 21, 2020Quebec health authorities reported 1,072 more cases of COVID-19 in the province on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cases since the start of the pandemic to 96,288.
- 'Blacklisted': Nova Scotia First Nation pulls commercial lobster boats from the water October 21, 2020
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020Joao Almeida remained in the overall lead of the Giro d'Italia as the race headed into the high mountains and Ben O'Connor earned his first stage victory in a Grand Tour by winning the 17th leg on Wednesday.
- Pandemic World Series draws smallest crowd in over century October 21, 2020A crowd of 11,388 attended the Los Angeles Dodgers' 8-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays in Tuesday night's World Series opener, spread in groups of up to four, mostly in alternate rows and none directly behind each other among the forest green seats.
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know