Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Canadian Legion unveils tap-enabled poppy donation boxes October 21, 2020This Remembrance Day, Canadians will have the option of picking up a poppy and donating to the Royal Canadian Legion through a new tap-enabled donation box.
- Kenney tests negative, remains in self-isolation after possible exposure to COVID-19 October 21, 2020Premier Jason Kenney tested negative for COVID-19 Wednesday evening, but will continue in self-isolation for possible exposure to COVID-19,after a cabinet minister in his government tested positive.
- Canadian Legion unveils tap-enabled poppy donation boxes October 21, 2020
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020Joao Almeida remained in the overall lead of the Giro d'Italia as the race headed into the high mountains and Ben O'Connor earned his first stage victory in a Grand Tour by winning the 17th leg on Wednesday.
- Pandemic World Series draws smallest crowd in over century October 21, 2020A crowd of 11,388 attended the Los Angeles Dodgers' 8-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays in Tuesday night's World Series opener, spread in groups of up to four, mostly in alternate rows and none directly behind each other among the forest green seats.
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
Downtown Millbrook just became a little classier with the arrival of a new Bridal shop called Menzies House. The atmosphere in the shop is not uptight, and tears are not required while making the dress selection. The only drama customers will find at Menzies House is in the dresses. Owners… Continue reading
For months now, local news broadcasts repeatedly mention the dire financial impact of the pandemic on the finances of the City of Kawartha Lakes, indicating the combination of lost revenues and increased expenses has left a deficit exceeding $3 million. What is the impact in Cavan Monaghan? Many the biggest… Continue reading
After a long attempt to maintain the flower shop, Gwen and Bill made the difficult decision to close Fern’s Flowers last month. The decision was sparked by many factors, both internal and external, leaving the owners with no other reasonable alternative. The closure of Fern’s Flowers will allow them to… Continue reading
In 1995, Dr. Richard Maser, an Ontario Veterinary College graduate, purchased a farm with a traditional white farmhouse on Highway 7A between Cavan and Bethany with the vision to transform the property into a veterinary clinic. In the centre of a growing community, its location provided loads of space with… Continue reading
Congratulations to Millbrook Mercantile owners Bernadette and Lance Nachoff for placing among the finalists in the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce Annual Business Excellence Awards in the Commercial Development ore Renovation category. Congratulations also to Susan Tung whose new restaurant, Hanoi House, is also a finalist in the Hospitality category. … Continue reading
It’s has been five years since Christine Millet and her family moved to their farm on Fallis Line, and they’ve made big changes to the property since their arrival, all with their own hands. The property is home to Millbrook Equine Services, where Christine boards, trains, breeds and provides riding… Continue reading
The former Quilter’s Bolt location was decked out in Christmas paraphernalia last week as inventory from The Joneses’ consignment shop took temporary residence. A different kind of bling will soon be on display as this location will be occupied by a bridal shop which currently operates in Peterborough and is… Continue reading