The local diet trend just became more interesting in the neighbourhood as we can now add wine to our list of local food and drink possibilities by toasting our locally grown dinner with a glass of local wine. After travelling to Toronto working in the food industry, John Drew decided … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsSep22Sat2018all-day Cavan Hills Country Run/WalkCavan Hills Country Run/WalkSep 22 all-dayVenue opens at 8 am, first event starts at 9 am sharp. 2111 Stewart Line, Cavan, at the intersection of Stewart Line and Winslow ¼ Line, 3 km west of Peterborough County Road 10. Three events for both Adults and Youth (10k Run, 10k Walk and the 4.7k Run/Walk). All funds … Continue reading →4:30 pm Harvest Table DinnerHarvest Table DinnerSep 22 @ 4:30 pmKing St. in Millbrook. Cocktails at 4:30, dinner at 6pm. Five-course Dinner celebrating local food. Fundraiser for the new Community Centre.Sep23Sun20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreSep 23 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Fall Plant SaleFall Plant SaleSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmAt the Millbrook Farmer’s Market by the Millbrook and Area Garden Club, offering plants to provide colour from their gardens to yours.10:00 am Historical Society Goes to Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolHistorical Society Goes to Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmVisit the Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society display and demonstration at the Millbrook Farmers’ Market to find out about our fall programs, the resources we offer, and how some seasonal chores got done in days gone by. Membership sign-up: $25/family; $15/single.10:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmLocal fresh food, handcrafted items, live music, children’s activities, used book sale.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSep 23 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Sep24Mon20189:00 am CPR Training at Millbrook Lions’... @ Millbrook Lions’ DenCPR Training at Millbrook Lions’... @ Millbrook Lions’ DenSep 24 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm10:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Sep 24 @ 10:00 am
- B.C. premier apologizes for removal of 1950s totem pole September 21, 2018Three First Nations in British Columbia gathered Friday to raise a restored replica totem pole at a Canada-U.S. border crossing -- a decade after it was removed by the province without notice.
- Tornado hits Ottawa-Gatineau area, damaging buildings and flipping cars September 21, 2018A tornado damaged buildings and flipped over cars as it tore its way through the Ottawa area to Gatineau on Friday.
- B.C. premier apologizes for removal of 1950s totem pole September 21, 2018
- NBA memo: Hire more women, improve workplace conditions September 21, 2018NBA Commissioner Adam Silver wants all teams to hire more women, especially in leadership and supervisory positions, and is urging them to take some of the mandates that the Dallas Mavericks must now adhere to as an impetus to improve working conditions within their own organizations.
- Rattie leads Oilers over Jets 7-3 to stay undefeated in exhibition play September 21, 2018Ty Rattie had two goals and three assists and Connor McDavid added a goal and three helpers as the Edmonton Oilers remained undefeated in pre-season play with a 7-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday.
- NBA memo: Hire more women, improve workplace conditions September 21, 2018