It was a perfect summer day at last Sunday’s Farmers’ Market. The Old Millbrook School parking lot was a sea of colour. Tables were laden with fresh fruits and vegetables, including cartons of just picked corn. Various hues of honey jars and maple syrup sparkled in the sun, as did… Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Follow us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsSep18Wed201910:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Sep 18 @ 10:00 am7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceSep 18 @ 7:00 pmThe choir is looking for new members age 18 and up. Come and join the fun. All you need is a love of singing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Sep 18 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Sep19Thu20199:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreSep 19 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 19 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 19 @ 10:45 am12:00 pm Community Care September Luncheon @ Royal Canadian LegionCommunity Care September Luncheon @ Royal Canadian LegionSep 19 @ 12:00 pmMusical entertainment by the Misfits. ¼ chicken dinner, fries, coleslaw and dessert.12:15 pm Yoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchYoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 19 @ 12:15 pmStretch and strengthen.1:00 pm Searching Family Trees @ Old Millbrook SchoolSearching Family Trees @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 19 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pmMillbrook Branch, CM Library, Old Millbrook School. Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition to start your genealogy research. A volunteer from the Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society along with a library staff member will be on hand to guide you through the basics. This workshop will be offered,... Continue reading →6:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchSep 19 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting. Non-profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.
- A pelican in Nova Scotia? Unusual birds blown into Cape Breton by Dorian September 18, 2019Bird watchers have been flocking to the docks in Cape Breton for a glimpse of a strange new visitor blown in by Dorian after photos of a huge brown pelican started circulating on social media.
- B.C. won't use court ruling as tactic in pipeline battle: environment minister September 18, 2019Environment Minister George Heyman says British Columbia can't stop the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project but will use a court-ordered review of its environmental assessment certificates to protect the environment and coastal economies.
- A pelican in Nova Scotia? Unusual birds blown into Cape Breton by Dorian September 18, 2019
- Russia sending 29 athletes to track worlds on neutral team September 17, 2019The suspended Russian track federation is sending a team of 29 competitors to the world championships in Qatar, where they will compete as neutral athletes.
- Roger Federer to decide soon on Tokyo Olympic plans September 17, 2019Roger Federer plans to decide 'in the next month or so' whether he will play at next year's Tokyo Olympics.
- Russia sending 29 athletes to track worlds on neutral team September 17, 2019
Technical concerns? Let us know