by Celia Hunter The annual Public Speaking Contest at the Millbrook Legion drew just eight competitors from two area schools this past Sunday afternoon, but the quality of presentation was excellent. The audience and judges were entertained and informed by the speeches that covered topics from Adventures in Algonquin Park… Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsNov16Fri20181:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareNov 16 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee & Conversation All welcome!!6:30 pm Mount Pleasant Women’s Institute... @ Mount Pleasant WI HallMount Pleasant Women’s Institute... @ Mount Pleasant WI HallNov 16 @ 6:30 pmNov17Sat20189:00 am St. Thomas More Christmas Bazaar! @ Millbrook LegionSt. Thomas More Christmas Bazaar! @ Millbrook LegionNov 17 @ 9:00 am – 1:30 pmAnnual church Christmas bazaar Tables include: Penny Draw; Crafts of all kinds; a feast of Homemade Baked Goods, New to You Items. A Soup/Chili Lunch complete with beverage and a sweet will also be available.Nov18Sun20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreNov 18 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallNov 18 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Nov19Mon201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Nov 19 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceNov 19 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!10:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchNov 19 @ 10:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM
- Black Friday, Christmas deliveries threatened by Canada Post strikes November 16, 2018Canada Post has warned that Christmas deliveries may be in jeopardy if a “just-in-time resolution” is not reached with its workers.
- Hackers get access to girls' accounts, demand provocative photos: RCMP November 16, 2018RCMP say someone is hacking social media accounts belonging to Nova Scotia girls and demanding provocative photos and videos.
- Black Friday, Christmas deliveries threatened by Canada Post strikes November 16, 2018
- Ontario excludes OHL players from provincial employment standards November 16, 2018The Government of Ontario is excluding Ontario Hockey League players from provincial employment standards legislation in order to keep a "level playing field" with other major junior hockey leagues across the country, the province said in a release Thursday.
- Amy Olson's 63 gives her 1st-round lead at 2018 LPGA finale November 16, 2018Playing the LPGA's season-ending event for the first time, American Amy Olson was flawless with nine birdies and no dropped shots on her way to a 9-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Brittany Lincicome and Nasa Hataoka after Thursday's opening round.
- Ontario excludes OHL players from provincial employment standards November 16, 2018