Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Rejecting concerns about financial impact, Vancouver council votes to allow free parking for veterans October 22, 2020Despite concerns over the cost of allowing veterans to park for free, Vancouver councillors voted Thursday to try it out for a year in the city.
- First Nations reserves avoided first-wave crisis, but officials warn of troubling new surge October 22, 2020First Nations communities largely avoided deadly outbreaks in the pandemic’s first wave and only account for a tiny fraction of Canada’s total COVID-19 caseload, but officials warn that a recent trend of large, mask-free gatherings could change that.
- Rejecting concerns about financial impact, Vancouver council votes to allow free parking for veterans October 22, 2020
- NHL cancels 2021 Minnesota Winter Classic, All-Star Weekend October 22, 2020The NHL won't take it outside and open 2021 with the Winter Classic in Minnesota but still hopes to get the hockey season going around the start of the new year.
- Pandemic tests Canada's ability to stay a winter-sport powerhouse in Beijing in 2022 October 22, 2020The pandemic is testing Canada's ability to remain a winter-sport powerhouse at the 2022 Winter Games in Beijing.
- NHL cancels 2021 Minnesota Winter Classic, All-Star Weekend October 22, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
The planting season is about to break, but how will it look when things wrap up? Agricultural markets are always volatile because they are influenced by so many factors. In addition to the usual concerns such as weather, input prices, and crop selection, this year, farmers face new issues stemming… Continue reading
Every living organism needs healthy water: plants, animals – people, too! Millbrook’s streams give farmers water for fields and animals, drinking water for everyone, and life to fish and wildlife. Trout need streams that run cold and clean. Local waters connect us as a community. We share their use and… Continue reading
The 2020 real estate market began strong, with unit sales in the Peterborough and Kawartha region reporting unit sales up 15.4% from January through March 2020 over the same period in 2019, with prices up 7.4%. Not surprisingly, this trend came to an abrupt halt in mid-March due to the… Continue reading
After learning of several positive tests amongst residents in Cavan Monaghan, Council members passed a motion at the April 6th Council meeting seeking reassurance from Peterborough Public Health that effective steps were being implemented to ensure local residents with positive COVID-19 test results adhere to the mandatory self-isolation period. Medical… Continue reading
The call came just after practice, an extra practice in fact added to the teams schedule to prepare for the upcoming Play off Championship series in which the Millbrook Stars Peewee LL had qualified to play. The call was from the OMHA…..and with that call the hockey season was done. … Continue reading
Late last month, the township received the fourth quarter (January 1 to March 31, 2020) non-tax gaming revenue payment of $86,016 for hosting Shorelines Slots at Kawartha Downs. Any payment for the next quarter will be significantly lower as the facility, along with all OLG facilities and service providers closed… Continue reading
In response to the challenges presented by COVID-19, in mid-March the township made the decision to waive all late payment penalties for any invoices for property taxes and water/wastewater bills due during the COVID-19 municipal office closure timeline. Residents can continue to pay invoices in all regular options with the… Continue reading
Last week, Brion Aubrey and Laurie Mann brought some human and canine friends for a visit to residents of Centennial Place. All visitors are members of East Central Therapy Dogs, which brings their screened and trained dogs to visit people in long term care homes like Centennial Place, Adult Day… Continue reading