Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Quebec reports 877 new cases of COVID-19, 12 more deaths October 20, 2020Quebec health authorities reported 877 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the total number of cases in the province since the start of the pandemic to 95,216.
- Ontario records another significant spike in new COVID-19 cases October 20, 2020Ontario is reporting another spike in the number of new COVID-19 cases, recording more than 800 new infections.
- Quebec reports 877 new cases of COVID-19, 12 more deaths October 20, 2020
- World champion runner Naser wins doping case on technicality October 20, 2020The women's 400-meter world champion has avoided being banned for a doping rule violation on a technicality, according to a ruling published Tuesday.
- Tratnik earns first Giro stage win; Almeida stays in pink October 20, 2020Jan Tratnik earned his first victory in a Grand Tour by winning the 16th stage of the Giro d'Italia and Jo├úo Almeida held on to the pink jersey on Tuesday.
- World champion runner Naser wins doping case on technicality October 20, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
Last month, North Cavan students were told they could all be champions in an entertaining presentation called the NED show. This character education program is delivered to elementary students and centers around a cardboard cartoon character whose name is an acronym for Never give up, Encourage others, and Do your… Continue reading
What do Ken Dryden and Gordon Stringer have in common? They both want action to help prevent concussion injuries in all Canadians who engage in sports. As Ken Dryden puts it, they want a “game change.” Both are moved by tragedies – in the case of Ken Dryden, his recently… Continue reading
Are you and your family getting enough veggies and fruit? Does the thought of encouraging kids to eat vegetables and fruit make your heart rate go up? Meal and snack times can sometimes feel stressful for parents and caregivers. Healthy Kids Community Challenge Peterborough has tips and tricks for you,… Continue reading
On Friday November 17th, the Millbrook Stars Bantam Green travelled to Lambton Shores to compete in the International Silver Stick Regional tournament. We played our first game against Strathroy Rockets Blue and pulled off a 4 – 0 victory giving our Goalie his 1st tournament shutout. Our second game of… Continue reading
It’s one of the last practices before the championship game and a key player is missing. Unimpressed, the team urges one of the coaches to call the missing player on speaker so they can harass him in unison. The team will meet one more time on Sunday morning to firm… Continue reading
Esperança Melo has lived in the village of Millbrook for 27 years. She works as an artist and exhibits her work locally at the Cavan Art Gallery. She is also a widely sought after, successful illustrator of children’s books. She was born in the Azores, then moved to Toronto,… Continue reading
In her previous career, Janet Stobie was a United Church Minister, caring for congregations across Ontario. Seven years ago she decided to serve in a different way; one where she could stay put and enjoy a new phase in her life with more time for her own family. With each… Continue reading