The last two books I’ve read have focused on political regimes that on the surface had noble objectives or their countries, but were implemented at great expense to their citizens’ personal rights. Both resulted in patriarchal governments making decisions about almost every aspect of their citizens’ lives: their occupations, their … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsMay28Mon2018all-day Spring Leaf and Brush Curbside C...Spring Leaf and Brush Curbside C...May 28 all-dayPlease have brush bundled in 3 foot lengths and leaves in paper leaf bags to the curb on Monday at 7:00 a.m. Collection may occur any day during that week. No Plastic Bags Please Bag Tags Not Required for Leaf Bags10:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.May 28 @ 10:00 am1:00 pm New Drop-in Social – Cards, Coff...New Drop-in Social – Cards, Coff...May 28 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmNew Drop in Social – Cards, Coffee & Conversation: Mondays starting April 2. Contact: Karen Morton 705-932-2011 to register/details. All welcome!!6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallMay 28 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchMay 28 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!May29Tue201810:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchMay 29 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchMay 29 @ 10:45 amMay30Wed201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.May 30 @ 10:00 am
- N.L. tour operators optimistic despite bleak start to iceberg season May 27, 2018Newfoundland and Labrador -- a province lauded for its shimmering coastlines, plentiful wildlife and rugged scenery -- is falling short so far this year on one of its most prized tourist attractions: icebergs.
- No winning ticket for Saturday night's $7 million Lotto 649 jackpot May 27, 2018No winning ticket was sold for the $7 million jackpot in Saturday night's Lotto 649 draw.
- Edmonton man gored by bison in 'terrifying' attack May 27, 2018An Edmonton man who was gored by a wild bison in Elk Island National Park says he’s lucky the animal only pierced his rear and not a vital organ.
- N.L. tour operators optimistic despite bleak start to iceberg season May 27, 2018
- Unions representing CP Rail workers issue notice of strike action May 26, 2018The unions representing train operators and signalling workers at Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. have served the company with notice of a strike action.
- WestJet, pilots' union agree to settlement process with mediator May 26, 2018WestJet and the union that represents its pilots say they have agreed to a settlement process that will involve a federal mediator.
- Canada's pot industry gets a new supporter: Snoop Dogg May 25, 2018Canada is more advanced than the United States regarding its approach to cannabis, world-famous rapper and weed entrepreneur Snoop Dogg said Friday to a crowd of hundreds at Montreal's C2 technology conference.
- Unions representing CP Rail workers issue notice of strike action May 26, 2018
- Alberta man competing in World Blind Golf Championships May 27, 2018Despite his visual impairment, 27-year-old Albertan Kiefer Jones is constantly hitting the links. He’s even now qualified for the 2018 World Blind Golf Championships in Italy.
- Figure skating champion Zagitova gets dog for gold May 26, 2018Olympic figure skating champion Alina Zagitova has been given a Japanese akita dog in a ceremony involving Japan's prime minister.
- Blue Jays hold on to defeat Phillies 6-5 May 26, 2018Justin Smoak homered, Sam Gaviglio struck out six over six innings and Ryan Tepera escaped a ninth-inning jam for his first save to lead the Toronto Blue Jays to a 6-5 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night.
- Alberta man competing in World Blind Golf Championships May 27, 2018