Whoever takes the helm will certainly inherit a more polarized constituency. Let’s hope the rhetoric that paints business as the enemy is dismissed. Instead of assuming business owners are greedy and driven only by their self-interest, they should be considered valuable contributors to our communities, taking risks with their own money, and creating jobs that aren’t paid through taxes. For every business operator like those Tim Horton’s franchisors who cut breaks in response to the minimum wage hike, there are dozens more like Didi Calhoun who treat their staff, customers and community with respect. We need more of them. KG
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Follow us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsOct14Mon20196:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallOct 14 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchOct 14 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!Oct15Tue20199:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOct 15 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 15 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 15 @ 10:45 amOct16Wed201910:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Oct 16 @ 10:00 am7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceOct 16 @ 7:00 pmThe choir is looking for new members age 18 and up. Come and join the fun. All you need is a love of singing!7:00 pm Prostate Cancer Canada Network P... @ Applewood Retirement ResidenceProstate Cancer Canada Network P... @ Applewood Retirement ResidenceOct 16 @ 7:00 pmSpeaker: Mark Cullen TOPIC: “Reflections on my prostate journey and lessons my garden has taught me.” Patients, caregivers and friends are invited to attend. A special welcome is extended to those who are newly diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Unprecedented snowstorm leads to state of emergency in Manitoba October 14, 2019Nearly 21,000 Manitoba homes and businesses remained without power early Monday in the wake of a snowstorm that the province's Crown energy utility said had left an unprecedented amount of damage to transmission lines, towers and more, and will take days to repair.
- Alberta to introduce legislation that would allow access to partner's criminal records October 14, 2019Legislation is being introduced this fall to bring a “Clare’s Law” to Alberta that would allow people access to criminal records of their partners in hopes it will help protect people from potential domestic violence.
- Unprecedented snowstorm leads to state of emergency in Manitoba October 14, 2019
- Brazil's 2 top-tier black coaches target racism in soccer October 13, 2019The only two black coaches in Brazil's top tier of 20 teams joined forces Saturday night to protest racism in soccer.
- Neymar plays only 12 minutes as Brazil held by Nigeria October 13, 2019Neymar limped out of Brazil's friendly against Nigeria in Singapore on Sunday after only 12 minutes of play. The game ended 1-1, marking Brazil's fourth straight match without a win.
- Brazil's 2 top-tier black coaches target racism in soccer October 13, 2019
Technical concerns? Let us know