This is North Cavan students’ 16th year of participation in the annual Terry Fox run. Last week, students were inspired by a video in the gym about the Canadian hero, then moved outside to follow his lead. Each class took tours of the school fields, once for each year of their grade, with each grade cheering on the next. In their first Terry Fox event in 2002, the school raised $200,. Last year, that number rose to $2300, a target they hope to top this year. Many staff and students wore a Terry Fox t-shirt for the event, which was sold as part of their fundraising efforts.
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- No winning ticket for Friday night's $10 million Lotto Max jackpot August 8, 2020No winning ticket was sold for the $10 million jackpot in Friday night's Lotto Max draw.
- Tornado touches down south of Virden, Man. Friday evening August 8, 2020Environment Canada said a tornado touched down in Manitoba Friday evening.
- No winning ticket for Friday night's $10 million Lotto Max jackpot August 8, 2020
- Two employees of Tokyo Olympic organizers positive for COVID August 8, 2020Two employees of the Tokyo Olympic organizing committee have tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Saturday.
- NFL medical boss: New COVID-19 protocols to verify positives August 7, 2020The NFL's chief medical officer says the league is establishing a new two-step protocol for players and coaches who have no known history of the COVID-19 infection and receive a positive test.
- Two employees of Tokyo Olympic organizers positive for COVID August 8, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know