The Millbrook and Cavan Historical Society recently received this photograph as part of a donation, and we are intrigued! Can you help us out? There are clues: the photo is of men and children only – a special banquet of sorts? The picture hanging on the back wall is of King George VI: that helps with the date. The mirror-image sign over the door might say Millbrook Warming Room. Can we get some confirmation of this? And then, who is in this photo? Let us know, please! Contact The Times, or the Historical Society, email@example.com, through our website or Facebook page.
Policy Regarding Letters to the Editor
We welcome the opinions of our readers in the form of letters to the editor. These must be no longer than 200 words and address a local issue, and include the writer’s name and address which must be local. Street addresses are not published. We do not publish 3rd party letters. Letters must be clear, polite and not include any personal attacks on individuals. We reserve the sole discretion on the decision to publish letters on the opinion page which express the views of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of the editor.
- Businesses may soon actively lower revenues to meet Ottawa's subsidy threshold: advocate December 7, 2021The CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) says the threshold to receive the government's new wage and rent subsidies is too high and could force some businesses to consider decreasing their revenues to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Sask. premier calls for end to 'stigmatizing the unvaccinated' December 7, 2021Saskatchewan’s premier is calling for an end to the stigmatization of those who remain unvaccinated in the province.
- Businesses may soon actively lower revenues to meet Ottawa's subsidy threshold: advocate December 7, 2021
- IIHF: China will be allowed to participate in men's Olympic hockey tournament December 7, 2021The International Ice Hockey Federation announced Tuesday the hosts have been given the green light allow China's men's hockey team to participate at the Beijing Olympics.
- Emma Raducanu named WTA Newcomer of the Year December 7, 2021World number one Ash Barty was named WTA Player of the Year for the second time and U.S. Open champion Emma Raducanu took the Newcomer of the Year title, the governing body of the women's game said on Tuesday.
- IIHF: China will be allowed to participate in men's Olympic hockey tournament December 7, 2021