Visitors to the Buddhist temple were taken aback when examining this cauldron located near Wisdom Lake. The svastika (sanskrit spelling) symbol has been around for about 6000 years. Earliest use was in subcontinent of India. In later years it was used by aboriginals of North America. The symbol gained a negative connotation due to its association with Nazi Germany. Visitors on my bus were taken aback when shown the cauldron located near Wisdom Lake. Approximately 2000 local people attended the open house. Nearly 350 visitors took advantage of the Elwood Hamilton’s buses provided by the Manvers Twp Historical Society.
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsSep19Wed20187:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceSep 19 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Sep 19 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Sep20Thu20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreSep 20 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 20 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 20 @ 10:45 am11:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 20 @ 11:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM12:00 pm Centennial Place Monthly Luncheon @ Millbrook LegionCentennial Place Monthly Luncheon @ Millbrook LegionSep 20 @ 12:00 pmEntertainment by the Millbrook Community Choir. Roast Pork Dinner.12:15 pm Yoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchYoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 20 @ 12:15 pmStretch and strengthen.1:00 pm Searching Family Trees @ Old Millbrook SchoolSearching Family Trees @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 20 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pmMillbrook Branch, CM Library, Old Millbrook School. Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition to start your genealogy research. A volunteer from the Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society along with a library staff member will be on hand to guide you through the basics. This workshop will be offered, … Continue reading →6:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchSep 20 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting. Non-profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.
- Canada-wide warrant for woman wanted in Ottawa hotel beating death September 19, 2018Ottawa police have identified the man fatally beaten in a south-end hotel room and the woman wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for first-degree murder in connection to his death.
- Police say preteen was driving in hit-and-run caught on camera September 19, 2018Police in Guelph, Ont., say a child believed to be between the ages of eight and 10 was behind the wheel of a vehicle involved in a hit-and-run crash.
- Canada-wide warrant for woman wanted in Ottawa hotel beating death September 19, 2018
- North and South Korea plan to bid for 2032 Summer Olympics September 19, 2018North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in said in a statement Wednesday that the countries planned to jointly bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics.
- Orioles fall to Blue Jays 6-4 for a team-record 108th loss September 19, 2018The Orioles lost to the Toronto Blue Jays 6-4 on Tuesday. It was the team's 108th loss, the most in a season since arriving in Baltimore in 1954.
- North and South Korea plan to bid for 2032 Summer Olympics September 19, 2018