The Historic Organ Committee of the Royal Canadian College of Organists has designated the St. Thomas’ 1889 Lye Tracker Organ as an historic ‘Classification A’ instrument. Only five other instruments in Canada share this honour. Last week its attributes were skillfully demonstrated in a recital provided by Wayne Howson following the regular service. KG
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsJul16Mon201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Jul 16 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceJul 16 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!10:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJul 16 @ 10:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallJul 16 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchJul 16 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!Jul17Tue20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreJul 17 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJul 17 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJul 17 @ 10:45 am
- No winning ticket for Saturday night's $5 million Lotto 649 jackpot July 15, 2018No winning ticket was sold for the $5 million jackpot in Saturday night's Lotto 649 draw, however, the guaranteed $1 million prize went to a ticket holder in Quebec.
- Kingston, Ont. family accused of allegedly kidnapping, abusing woman for 11 months July 15, 2018Investigators say three family members have been charged after a woman was allegedly kidnapped and abused for nearly a year.
- Cyclist on cross-Canada trip has bike stolen in Winnipeg July 15, 2018For the second time in two weeks, a cyclist on a cross-Canada trip has had their bicycle stolen in Winnipeg.
- No winning ticket for Saturday night's $5 million Lotto 649 jackpot July 15, 2018
- Indigenous activist arrested at Trans Mountain protest in B.C. July 14, 2018An Indigenous political activist was briefly detained Saturday following a Trans Mountain pipeline protest in British Columbia's North Thompson Provincial Park on Saturday.
- End of Ontario electric vehicle rebate program expected to hit sales July 13, 2018Ontario Premier Doug Ford's decision to cancel rebates for electric vehicles in the province is expected to have a knock-on effect on sales.
- Nexen pleads guilty, fined $750K for huge Alberta pipeline spill July 13, 2018A Calgary energy company has pleaded guilty to federal and provincial environmental charges over one of the largest pipeline spills in Alberta history.
- Indigenous activist arrested at Trans Mountain protest in B.C. July 14, 2018
- Djokovic eyes 4th Wimbledon title, facing Anderson in final July 15, 2018Novak Djokovic will be trying to win his fourth Wimbledon championship when he faces Kevin Anderson in the men's singles final on Sunday.
- Russian women push back at shaming over World Cup dating July 15, 2018Hundreds of thousands of foreign men have flooded into Russia for the monthlong World Cup, setting off a fierce debate in the host nation about the roles and rights of women and showing the dominance of patriarchal and sexist views in Russia.
- Canadian soccer fans brace for World Cup final between France, Croatia July 15, 2018Soccer fans across Canada will be glued to their screens this morning as Croatia takes on France in the World Cup final in Moscow.
- Djokovic eyes 4th Wimbledon title, facing Anderson in final July 15, 2018