North Cavan students in grades four, five and six took the day to spread some Christmas cheer at a number of long term care homes in the area during their last week of school before the holiday break. Travelling by school bus with their teachers Mr. Wollocot and Mrs. Caravaggio, they made their first stop at Centennial Place in Millbrook, followed by Riverview Manor in Peterborough, a lunch break at Lansdowne Mall and a wrap-up performance at Springdale Manor in Fraserville. Dressed in Santa Claus hats, Christmas sweaters and reindeer antlers, the students performed a variety of seasonal songs from traditional Christmas carols, an active interpretation of the Twelve Days of Christmas, and light-hearted Christmas songs featuring popular Christmas characters including Rudolph and Frosty. They had residents tapping their feet, waving their hands and occasionally joining them in song. After the performance, the children selected books of Christmas stories from a crate they brought from their schools and read to individual residents, and left hand-made cards for their audience behind as they headed to their next stop. It was a wonderful gesture for all involved and a great way to get in the Christmas spirit. Nicely done. KG
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsJan18Thu20186:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchJan 18 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting St. Thomas More Catholic Church, King Street W. Millbrook. Non-Profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.Jan19Fri20181:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareJan 19 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!Jan20Sat20189:00 am Hockey Day in MillbrookHockey Day in MillbrookJan 20 @ 9:00 am – 4:30 pmAnnual 4 on 4 road hockey tournament. Registration is free so sign up your team by January 15th through the township website, or call Brigid.Jan21Sun201811:00 am Legion Marketplace @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Legion Marketplace @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 21 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pmFeaturing a variety of vendors. Light lunch available, bar open.Jan22Mon20186:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallJan 22 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchJan 22 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Northminster Church, 300 Sunset Blvd., Peterborough. For more info go to www.acesofharmony.com. Help us celebrate the 50th … Continue reading →Jan24Wed20181:00 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 24 @ 1:00 pmEveryone is Welcome!7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceJan 24 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!
- Student dies at University of Ottawa residence, school president says January 18, 2018The president of the University of Ottawa says a student has died at a school residence. But in a statement posted on the university website, Jacques Fremont did not identify the student nor a cause of death.
- Unifor splits with Canadian Labour Congress over workers' right to choose union January 18, 2018The largest private sector union in Canada said Wednesday it is splitting with the Canadian Labour Congress over issues which include disagreements about the rights of workers to choose what union should represent them.
- Hunter shoots woman's husky in Alberta after mistaking it for wolf January 18, 2018A western Alberta woman is urging hunters and hikers to be more aware of their surroundings after her pet husky was mistaken for a wolf and shot in the legs.
- Student dies at University of Ottawa residence, school president says January 18, 2018
- Feds bolster BDC's ability to provide more capital to clean tech companies January 18, 2018The federal government will give $700 million over the next five years to the Business Development Bank of Canada in a bid to grow Canada's clean technology industry.
- Asian shares advance after Wall Street rally January 18, 2018Shares were broadly higher in Asia on Thursday after a rally on Wall Street that took the Dow Jones industrial average to its first close above 26,000.
- Bread price-fixing documents won't be unsealed Thursday, Loblaw says January 17, 2018Loblaw says court documents regarding an alleged industry-wide bread price-fixing scheme won't be released tomorrow after an unidentified individual filed an application against releasing them.
- Feds bolster BDC's ability to provide more capital to clean tech companies January 18, 2018
- NBA: Warriors beat Bulls for franchise record-tying 14th straight road win January 18, 2018Klay Thompson scored 38 points, Stephen Curry added 30 and the Golden State Warriors beat the Chicago Bulls 119-112 on Wednesday night for their franchise record-tying 14th straight road win.
- Brazil's Ronaldinho confirms retirement and plans farewell January 18, 2018World Cup and 2005 Ballon D'Or winner Ronaldinho has confirmed his retirement from football.
- Whistler role in potential Calgary Olympic bid would be welcome: IOC January 17, 2018An official with the International Olympic Committee says it would welcome a potential Calgary 2026 Olympic bid making use of facilities in Whistler, B.C., or elsewhere.
- NBA: Warriors beat Bulls for franchise record-tying 14th straight road win January 18, 2018