The reactions on both sides of the proposed changes to Ontario’s conservation legislation are loud and impassioned. Environmental groups claim the revisions remove or severely restrict the Conservation Authorities’ role in regulating development, permit and planning application appeal process and appealing municipal planning applications. Some sources equate it to… Continue reading
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Crown to oppose bail for teen charged in hit-and-run death of Calgary officer January 19, 2021A bail hearing is set for today for a teen accused in the death of a Calgary police officer, who was killed while trying to make a routine traffic stop on New Year's Eve.
- Critics slam plans for multi-million dollar boardwalk and viewing platform at Peggy's Cove January 19, 2021Just a few days after it was announced, plans for a multi-million-dollar boardwalk and viewing platform at Peggy's Cove are getting a reception as rocky as the cove itself.
- Crown to oppose bail for teen charged in hit-and-run death of Calgary officer January 19, 2021
- Pant guides India to historic, series-clinching win at Brisbane Cricket Ground January 19, 2021Cheteshwar Pujara took the hits and Rishabh Pant counterpunched as India chased down a record to win the Border-Gavaskar trophy with three wickets in hand and three overs to spare against Australia.
- Montreal Canadiens down Edmonton Oilers 3-1, sweep series January 19, 2021Shea Weber's goal held up as the game-winner as the Montreal Canadiens beat the Edmonton Oilers 3-1 Monday night.
- Pant guides India to historic, series-clinching win at Brisbane Cricket Ground January 19, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know