The skies cleared for the third Touch a Truck event hosted by the Millbrook/Cavan Firefighters’ Association. They were grateful to the Millbrook Agricultural Society which provided the fairgrounds for the event venue and to all who brought their vehicles and equipment out for display. After skipping a year due to COVID, youngsters were eager to climb aboard the wide variety of emergency, road, construction and farm vehicles on hand, exploring them up close and personally, taking great pleasure in honking horns and running sirens. Approximately 25 vehicles were on display, both new and old, from Fire and Police services, the township and county, local contractors and farmers. Organizers estimate that as many as 1,000 visitors took advantage of the opportunity to see the big rigs. The Lions’ food truck was kept busy for the entire event, keeping visitors fed and happy. Proceeds from the event will go towards the Old Fire Hall Museum.
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021Some Kabul safe houses, where hundreds of Afghans who helped the Canadian military and non-governmental organizations are waiting to flee to Canada, are set to be closed in two weeks because of lack of funding.
- 'Exercise extreme caution': 40 shipping containers lost in rough seas off Vancouver Island October 22, 2021The Canadian Coast Guard and United States Coast Guard are warning boaters after 40 shipping containers were tossed from a cargo ship Friday in rough seas off Vancouver Island.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021Olympic champion Kelsey Mitchell won a bronze medal in women's sprint Friday at the world track cycling championship.
- Pens' star Crosby: still no timetable for return from injury October 22, 2021Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby still isn't sure when he will be cleared to return after he had left wrist surgery last month.
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know