Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- No winning ticket for Friday night's $10 million Lotto Max jackpot August 8, 2020No winning ticket was sold for the $10 million jackpot in Friday night's Lotto Max draw.
- Tornado touches down south of Virden, Man. Friday evening August 8, 2020Environment Canada said a tornado touched down in Manitoba Friday evening.
- No winning ticket for Friday night's $10 million Lotto Max jackpot August 8, 2020
- Two employees of Tokyo Olympic organizers positive for COVID August 8, 2020Two employees of the Tokyo Olympic organizing committee have tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Saturday.
- NFL medical boss: New COVID-19 protocols to verify positives August 7, 2020The NFL's chief medical officer says the league is establishing a new two-step protocol for players and coaches who have no known history of the COVID-19 infection and receive a positive test.
- Two employees of Tokyo Olympic organizers positive for COVID August 8, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
Cavan Millbrook Libraries owe Fiona Maarhuis’s a double dose of gratitude. This dedicated volunteer has provided more than 90 hours of service to the organization and has served as a Board member for the last __ years. Prior to that, she also volunteered …. Last month, Fiona found another way… Continue reading
The storm that arrived on Good Friday had organizers worrying about the practicalities of an Easter egg hunt in snowbanks, but by Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining and the ground had dried up enough to allow the event to proceed with a large, eager crowd. This year the local… Continue reading
Watching the video of six-year-old Taylor Welch of Pontypool, her wheelchair almost becomes irrelevant. This young lady is all about ability, and her mischievous, fun-loving nature come across very clearly in her ear-to-ear grin. Some would wonder what Taylor has to smile about. Born 12 weeks premature in August of… Continue reading
Pancake Day is a tradition at St. Thomas Anglican Church. It falls on the day before Ash Wednesday on the Christian calendar. Because the actual date is determined by that of Easter, for which the date varies each year, you have to watch for it. The name “Shrove Tuesday” comes… Continue reading
Pictured is Community Care Volunteer Pat Schier who is responsible for performing tests each month for all Personal Distress Alarm clients. Ours is the only Community Care Office offering these medical alert units that allow older adults and people with disabilities to call for assistance using a help button linked… Continue reading
Do you want to improve your social life? Make new friends? Feel better about yourself, all the while helping out in your community, making a difference? It is easier than you might think. For 100 years, millions of citizens have done just that, by becoming members of Lion’s Club International…. Continue reading
It’s that time of year again where we identify local groups and individuals who are making extraordinary contributions to our community. The categories are broad, ranging from acts of heroism, entrepreneurial initiatives, and leadership in areas including agriculture, volunteering, sports, culture and environmental protection. Established in 1992, the County has… Continue reading
On Sunday, February 19th, the Royal Canadian Legion in Millbrook hosted the annual Youth Education Public Speaking Contest. Participants were invited from all local elementary schools, and six entrants joined the youngest age group in grades 1 to 3, with three contestants competing in the grades 4 to 6 category…. Continue reading