By Karen Graham A brief presentation by Alex Bushell from Save the Dam Millpond (SDMP) group about the viability of hydro power generation at the Dam location using micro-turbines was quickly overshadowed by discussions about the future of the Needler’s Dam buildings. After a pointed presentation from Save the Dam Millpond Committee … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsAug20Mon20183:58 pm Bible Adventure Week at Centrevi... @ Centreville ChurchBible Adventure Week at Centrevi... @ Centreville ChurchAug 20 @ 3:58 pm – Aug 24 @ 4:58 pmAugust 20th to 24th from 9:30 to 11:30, also Friday evening at 7pm. Program includes Bible Stories, Crafts, Music, Drama, Snacks. Registration is free. For more info or to register, call 705-742-1883 or 705-939-6408.6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallAug 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchAug 20 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!Aug21Tue20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreAug 21 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchAug 21 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchAug 21 @ 10:45 amAug22Wed201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Aug 22 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Community Care Line Dancing @ Millbrook District Lions’ ClubCommunity Care Line Dancing @ Millbrook District Lions’ ClubAug 22 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pmBeginner classes. Everyone welcome!
- Quebec man, 43, drowns off popular beach in P.E.I. August 20, 2018Police say a Quebec man has drowned while swimming off one of Atlantic Canada's most popular beaches.
- Lone survivor in 1992 fatal Cape Breton robbery dies August 20, 2018The lone survivor in one of Nova Scotia’s most deadly crimes has died at age 46.
- Quebec man, 43, drowns off popular beach in P.E.I. August 20, 2018
- 4 Japanese basketball players sent home for spending night with women August 20, 2018Four Japanese basketball players were kicked off their Asian Games team and sent home Monday after delegation head Yasuhiro Yamashita said they "spent the night in a hotel with women."
- IndyCar rallies together in wake of Wickens' accident August 20, 2018Animosity between IndyCar drivers tends to dissolve quickly amid grim reminders of the sport's dangers.
- 4 Japanese basketball players sent home for spending night with women August 20, 2018