The family-owned and operated Dawson Tree Farm on Zion Line opened for the season last weekend with as many as 100 happy customers taking home trees to decorate. Apparently they should expect a good season, as reports indicate consumers are choosing real trees rather than artificial ones this year. Pictured from L are Steve, Donna, Will and Rebecca who look forward to welcoming those who like to cut their own Christmas tree this weekend and next, and then daily December 19 to 24. Hand saws only, please.
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Polls close as Yukon residents take part in pandemic-era territorial election April 13, 2021Polls have closed across Yukon and votes are being counted as three main parties vie to form the territory's next government.
- Canadian snowbirds landing in U.S. border towns to avoid quarantine hotels April 13, 2021As snowbirds return to Canada, some are opting to fly into the U.S. and hire a car service to drive them home to avoid the mandatory three-day stay at a quarantine hotel.
- Polls close as Yukon residents take part in pandemic-era territorial election April 13, 2021
- NBA, MLB and NHL postpone Minneapolis games following fatal shooting of Daunte Wright April 13, 2021The NBA, MLB and NHL postponed their Monday games in Minneapolis following the death of Daunte Wright, a Black man killed in a traffic stop Sunday.
- Calgary Flames trade away Bennett, Rittich, but not throwing towel in on the season April 12, 2021The Sam Bennett era is officially over in Calgary. Bennett, who was the highest Flames draft pick at fourth overall, is headed to the Florida Panthers.
- NBA, MLB and NHL postpone Minneapolis games following fatal shooting of Daunte Wright April 13, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know