The family-owned and operated Dawson Tree Farm on Zion Line opened for the season last weekend with as many as 100 happy customers taking home trees to decorate. Apparently they should expect a good season, as reports indicate consumers are choosing real trees rather than artificial ones this year. Pictured from L are Steve, Donna, Will and Rebecca who look forward to welcoming those who like to cut their own Christmas tree this weekend and next, and then daily December 19 to 24. Hand saws only, please.
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Did your favourite store make the top 2020 retailers list? January 16, 2021Brands like Lush, Simon’s and Apple are some of the top online retailers for Canada for 2020, according to the annual Leger “WOW” study.
- Canadian who shares name, occupation with Trump supporter who stormed U.S. Capitol harassed online January 16, 2021An Ontario real estate agent who shares the same name and occupation as a woman who stormed the U.S. Capitol this month has been harassed online.
- Did your favourite store make the top 2020 retailers list? January 16, 2021
- Australian Open arrivals hit by 3 COVID-19 positive tests January 16, 2021Three coronavirus cases have been detected among charter flights carrying tennis players, coaches and officials to Melbourne ahead of the Australian Open, health authorities and tournament organizers said Saturday.
- Pope Francis gives blessing to Atlanta Hawks' MLK jersey January 16, 2021Pope Francis received a limited edition Martin Luther King Jr.-themed basketball jersey that he blessed on what would have been the late civil rights activist’s 92nd birthday.
- Australian Open arrivals hit by 3 COVID-19 positive tests January 16, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know