The family-owned and operated Dawson Tree Farm on Zion Line opened for the season last weekend with as many as 100 happy customers taking home trees to decorate. Apparently they should expect a good season, as reports indicate consumers are choosing real trees rather than artificial ones this year. Pictured from L are Steve, Donna, Will and Rebecca who look forward to welcoming those who like to cut their own Christmas tree this weekend and next, and then daily December 19 to 24. Hand saws only, please.
Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021Some Kabul safe houses, where hundreds of Afghans who helped the Canadian military and non-governmental organizations are waiting to flee to Canada, are set to be closed in two weeks because of lack of funding.
- 'Exercise extreme caution': 40 shipping containers lost in rough seas off Vancouver Island October 22, 2021The Canadian Coast Guard and United States Coast Guard are warning boaters after 40 shipping containers were tossed from a cargo ship Friday in rough seas off Vancouver Island.
- Safe houses for Afghans who helped Canadian military and NGOs will be 'scaled back' October 22, 2021
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021Olympic champion Kelsey Mitchell won a bronze medal in women's sprint Friday at the world track cycling championship.
- Pens' star Crosby: still no timetable for return from injury October 22, 2021Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby still isn't sure when he will be cleared to return after he had left wrist surgery last month.
- Canada's Mitchell earns track cycling bronze at world championship October 22, 2021
Technical concerns? Let us know