On Canada Day, the Millbrook and District Legion hosted another Rubber Duck race along Baxter Creek. More than 200 ducks were rented for the race at $5 each to raise money to help pay for brick restoration on the Legion building. First place for duck race was Chad Buchanan, with second place taken by Paulette Harrigon and the third place by Naish Butler. After a $100 donation to the Omemee Lions for the use of their ducks, the event cleared $1000.00 for the restoration of the bricks on Legion building. KG
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsOct15Mon201810:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOct 15 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!12:30 pm Bid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 15 @ 12:30 pm6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallOct 15 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchOct 15 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!Oct16Tue20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOct 16 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 16 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 16 @ 10:45 amOct17Wed201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Oct 17 @ 10:00 am
- Temporary access allowed for residents of landslide-threatened B.C. community October 15, 2018Some residents of the northeastern B.C. community of Old Fort are being allowed to briefly return to their homes after they were ordered out last week because of a slow-moving landslide.
- Cannabis use hinders young drivers' abilities: study October 15, 2018A new Canadian study has found that marijuana use inhibits young people from performing certain driving-related tasks for several hours.
- Temporary access allowed for residents of landslide-threatened B.C. community October 15, 2018
- Marijuana legalization in Canada won't change NHL - yet October 15, 2018Proponents of cannabis see its oils as an alternative to more addictive drugs commonly used by athletes to play through pain.
- Titans shut out for 1st time since relocating to Tennessee October 15, 2018First-year head coach Mike Vrabel knows exactly what the Titans didn't do in being shut out on its own field for the first time since this franchise moved to Tennessee way back in 1997. In a word, everything.
- Marijuana legalization in Canada won't change NHL - yet October 15, 2018