JoEllen Brydon is fascinated by stories. Capturing those stories in vibrant acrylics on canvas and board is her passion. JoEllen is a long-time Mount Pleasant resident and a proud member of the Mount Pleasant Women’s Institute, which, she admits, she first joined because she sensed it would be… Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Follow us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsOct19Sat20195:30 pm Presentation by Rev. Dr. Alan Hayes @ St. John’s Anglican Church, IdaPresentation by Rev. Dr. Alan Hayes @ St. John’s Anglican Church, IdaOct 19 @ 5:30 pmPresentation by Rev. Dr. Alan Hayes, History Professor at Wycliffe College, U of Toronto: . Topic will be St. John’s Ida and the Anglican Vision for Upper Canada. Event begins with a pot luck supper.Oct20Sun20199:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOct 20 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallOct 20 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Oct21Mon201910:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Oct 21 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOct 21 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!12:30 pm Bid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchOct 21 @ 12:30 pm6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallOct 21 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm Centreville Community Euchre @ Centreville Church HallCentreville Community Euchre @ Centreville Church HallOct 21 @ 7:30 pmLunch & Prizes Everyone Welcome! Hosted by the Bailieboro Women’s Institute.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchOct 21 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!Oct22Tue20199:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOct 22 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.
- Probation for some new Alberta bus, truck drivers after Broncos family pressure October 18, 2019Alberta's transportation minister says there will be a two-year probationary period for thousands of bus and truck drivers who passed their exams before new training rules took effect, following pressure from families of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that killed 16 people and injured 13.
- Canadian seafood wholesaler, owner plead guilty to illegally importing fish into U.S. October 18, 2019A Richmond, B.C. seafood wholesaler and one of its owners pleaded guilty in a Seattle court Friday to illegally importing more than 9,000 pounds of fish that had been previously refused entry into the country.
- Probation for some new Alberta bus, truck drivers after Broncos family pressure October 18, 2019
- Bulgaria soccer coach quits, 5 more arrested after racism October 18, 2019Bulgaria national soccer team coach Krasimir Balakov resigned on Friday, four days after his side's match against England was marred by racist abuse directed at visiting players.
- Pick 'Em: No clear favourite on Canadian men's curling scene this season October 18, 2019The days of just one or two Canadian men's curling teams being clear favourites on the domestic scene are in the rear-view mirror. With the first Grand Slam of the new campaign to begin next week, the 2019-20 season is tough to call.
- Bulgaria soccer coach quits, 5 more arrested after racism October 18, 2019
Technical concerns? Let us know