Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- 'Blacklisted': Nova Scotia First Nation pulls commercial lobster boats from the water October 21, 2020The chief of the First Nation behind a disputed moderate livelihood lobster fishery in Nova Scotia says recent vandalism and the loss of potential sales has cost the band more than $1.5 million.
- Quebec reports 1,072 new cases of COVID-19, 19 more deaths October 21, 2020Quebec health authorities reported 1,072 more cases of COVID-19 in the province on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cases since the start of the pandemic to 96,288.
- 'Blacklisted': Nova Scotia First Nation pulls commercial lobster boats from the water October 21, 2020
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020Joao Almeida remained in the overall lead of the Giro d'Italia as the race headed into the high mountains and Ben O'Connor earned his first stage victory in a Grand Tour by winning the 17th leg on Wednesday.
- Pandemic World Series draws smallest crowd in over century October 21, 2020A crowd of 11,388 attended the Los Angeles Dodgers' 8-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays in Tuesday night's World Series opener, spread in groups of up to four, mostly in alternate rows and none directly behind each other among the forest green seats.
- Giro d'Italia: Almeida stays in pink; O'Connor earns stage win October 21, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
Dr. Rosana Pellizzari, Medical Officer of Health for the Peterborough County-City Health Unit presented a report to Cavan Monaghan Council on Tuesday entitled Renewable Energies and Health. Together with Donna Churipuy, Manager of Environmental Health Programs, the two fielded questions from all Council members regarding the threats to health of… Continue reading
By Celia Hunter Joanne Rowland, in her words officially a senior citizen and still working on contract as a physiotherapist in the Emergency Department at the Peterborough Regional Health Centre, has just returned from her annual visit to Ndanai in northwestern Kenya. This is the seventh year Joanne has travelled… Continue reading