On Sunday a group of Grade 7 students from Mrs. Noble’s class brought their creations to the Millbrook Farmers’ Market, joining almost 50 vendors in the old arena for a final market event in the village. Amongst the items for sale were jewellery and décor items, hand knit hats and the cookie mixes in a jar. In addition to designing, creating, pricing and selling their wares, students identified worthy charities to receive the proceeds of their efforts. Twelve Dragon Den-style pitches were made by students to their classmates, but six of the twelve presentations had identified Sick Kids Hospital as their selection based on personal and family experiences at the facility, making its choice a slam dunk. The class raised $300 for the world-renown Toronto hospital. Sounds like a fantastic Christmas present. Congratulations to the entire class and the teacher who inspired them. KG
We want to hear from you!
Upcoming EventsDec13Fri20191:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareDec 13 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee & Conversation All welcome!!Dec14Sat20198:00 am Breakfast with Santa! @ Bethany Community HubBreakfast with Santa! @ Bethany Community HubDec 14 @ 8:00 am – 11:00 amEnjoy pancakes, sausages, juice/tea/coffee and fruit breakfast for $5 per person. Photographer on site – take home a photo with Santa for $5.1:00 pm Santa Claus Parade in Millbrook @ Beginning at the Millbrook Christian AssemblySanta Claus Parade in Millbrook @ Beginning at the Millbrook Christian AssemblyDec 14 @ 1:00 pmThe theme of the parade this year is Christmas on the Farm. Cash prizes for first, second and third place in each category plus a prize for overall best float. The categories are Organization, Youth Organization, Family, Business, Community, Individual Child or Adult. Santa will be in the Legion Hall... Continue reading →Dec15Sun20199:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreDec 15 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallDec 15 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Dec16Mon201910:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Dec 16 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceDec 16 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!12:30 pm Bid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBid Euchre @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchDec 16 @ 12:30 pm6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallDec 16 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchDec 16 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!
- Ontario to dramatically expand cannabis retail market and remove cap on number of pot shops December 12, 2019The Ontario government has announced steps to allow more cannabis retail stores to open in January.
- Quebec religious symbols law causes harm but shouldn't be suspended: Appeal Court December 12, 2019The ruling by Quebec’s highest court denied a request to stay the application of the law, which was passed in June and bans the display of religious symbols by employees in the province’s public service.
- Ontario to dramatically expand cannabis retail market and remove cap on number of pot shops December 12, 2019
- Leafs great Paul Henderson celebrated for bringing smiles to kids December 12, 2019Paul Henderson was recognized in Goderich on Thursday for his storied hockey career and his contribution to the Smilezones at Goderich Hospital.
- Canada's Alexis Lafreniere nursing ankle injury at world junior camp December 12, 2019The presumptive No. 1 pick at the 2020 NHL draft, his name has been written in ink on Canada's world junior roster for some time. That didn't make sitting out with a nagging ankle injury any easier.
- Leafs great Paul Henderson celebrated for bringing smiles to kids December 12, 2019
Technical concerns? Let us know