We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsSep23Sun20189:30 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Old Millbrook School Family CentreSep 23 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pmAll children & caregivers welcome. Note the Centre will be closed on Sundays of long weekends during the summer.10:00 am Fall Plant SaleFall Plant SaleSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmAt the Millbrook Farmer’s Market by the Millbrook and Area Garden Club, offering plants to provide colour from their gardens to yours.10:00 am Historical Society Goes to Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolHistorical Society Goes to Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmVisit the Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society display and demonstration at the Millbrook Farmers’ Market to find out about our fall programs, the resources we offer, and how some seasonal chores got done in days gone by. Membership sign-up: $25/family; $15/single.10:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolSep 23 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmLocal fresh food, handcrafted items, live music, children’s activities, used book sale.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSep 23 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Sep24Mon20189:00 am CPR Training at Millbrook Lions’... @ Millbrook Lions’ DenCPR Training at Millbrook Lions’... @ Millbrook Lions’ DenSep 24 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm10:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Sep 24 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Old Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceOld Millbrook School Family Cent... @ Centennial PlaceSep 24 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amEveryone welcome!10:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchSep 24 @ 10:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM
- Ottawa residents rescue dog trapped beneath rubble after tornado September 22, 2018A freelance journalist says a group of people rescued a dog who was trapped under the rubble in an Ottawa neighbourhood ravaged by a tornado.
- 10 of Canada's worst tornado events over the years September 22, 2018A tornado carved a destructive path through the Ottawa-Gatineau area on Friday and according to Environment Canada, Canada gets more tornadoes than any other country except the U.S. Other high-profile twisters include:
- Ottawa residents rescue dog trapped beneath rubble after tornado September 22, 2018
- NBA memo: Hire more women, improve workplace conditions September 21, 2018NBA Commissioner Adam Silver wants all teams to hire more women, especially in leadership and supervisory positions, and is urging them to take some of the mandates that the Dallas Mavericks must now adhere to as an impetus to improve working conditions within their own organizations.
- Rattie leads Oilers over Jets 7-3 to stay undefeated in exhibition play September 21, 2018Ty Rattie had two goals and three assists and Connor McDavid added a goal and three helpers as the Edmonton Oilers remained undefeated in pre-season play with a 7-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday.
- NBA memo: Hire more women, improve workplace conditions September 21, 2018