The Millbrook and District Lions Club turned 70 in January of 2018. On behalf of the District Governor, Lion Andy Stevenson presented President Lion Bill Hughes with a charter certificate to mark the occasion.
Your Lions’ Club has had another busy breakfast season concluding with the pancake breakfast on April 29. The proceeds of this breakfast will go to support the Dragon Boat Races. With the continued support of the community we have been able to support the following local organizations with the 2017-2018 breakfast proceeds.
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- The Capital Experience Program
- The Millbrook Legion (Poppy and wreath fund)
- Movember (Prostrate Cancer)
- Cavan Monaghan Township Librairies
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Canadian Diabetes Association (Kids for camp)
The Millbrook and District Lions would like to thank the community for their continued support of our breakfast program and we’ll see you again next year!
The Millbrook and District Lions club is always looking for new members. Becoming a Lion is a great way to have fun and give back to your community. If you are interested, please contact any Lions member or David Goode @ 705-932-5220.
By Janet Kennedy