The Cavan Monaghan Fire Department reminds you to:
- Test your alarms once a month and replace the batteries every year. Replace alarms that are more than ten years old.
- A working smoke alarm must be located on every storey of the home and outside all sleeping areas.
- For added protection, install smoke alarm in every bedroom.
- You must install a carbon monoxide alarm adjacent to all sleeping areas if your homehas a fuel-burning appliance, a fireplace or an attached garage.
Plan a safe March break:
- Staying home for the March Break? Plan and practice your home escape plan with the entire family – get out, stay out, have 2 ways out.
- Traveling over March Break? Review the escape plan posted in your hotel/motel room & locate emergency exits.
- Back home from March Break vacation? Test all smoke & carbon monoxide alarms to ensure they are working.
For more information please contact: Eydie Vandenberg, Fire Prevention Officer, 705-932-9344