Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Some Toronto elementary students may not have a teacher for first day of virtual classes September 21, 2020Some Toronto elementary students may have to begin their virtual learning independently if they log in Tuesday morning and find that a teacher hasn’t been assigned to them.
- 'It happened in a split second': Court documents reveal details in wounding of RCMP officer during N.S. mass shooting September 21, 2020Court documents released by a judge's order Monday contain more details surrounding the horrific mass killings that took place in Nova Scotia's Colchester County this past April, including what an injured RCMP officer witnessed as he was approached and shot by the gunman.
- Some Toronto elementary students may not have a teacher for first day of virtual classes September 21, 2020
- Major League Baseball and Players Association commit US$10 million to increase Black representation September 22, 2020In an effort to increase the representation of Black Americans in baseball, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association are committing US$10 million to The Players Alliance.
- AP source: NFL fines 3 coaches, clubs for unmasked coaches September 22, 2020A person with knowledge of the punishment tells The Associated Press that at least three NFL head coaches have been fined US$100,000 for violating the league's rules that they wear face coverings on the sideline.
- Major League Baseball and Players Association commit US$10 million to increase Black representation September 22, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
It started small. A project in which to funnel the energy of some nine to twelve-year-olds as the restrictions of social distancing began to wear. The four siblings built the lemonade stand and fine-tuned the 4 P’s of their marketing strategy. The lemonade recipe was tweaked and the freezies sourced;… Continue reading
Following up on a request from the February 18th Council meeting, Director of Planning Karen Ellis presented a proposal for an updated and strengthened Municipal Tree Replacement policy at the most recent Council meeting. The objective was to recognize and protect the important tree canopies on municipal lands, and ensure… Continue reading
This is high season for banquet halls and caterers: wedding and anniversary parties, end of season celebrations, galas for business awards, the list goes on. All of these things are not happening this year, so Kevin and April Sendel, owner/operators of Personal Touch Catering and events that operates the banquet… Continue reading
We have all seen the headlines regarding the litany of concerns in our long term care homes. Neglected residents; soiled bedding; unanswered call bells; sloppy feeding; expired medicines; cockroaches; callous treatment: the list is shocking and endless. Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, I believe the allegations are… Continue reading
No appointment drive-through testing clinics took place across the county over the last few weeks. The clinics were conducted by the Peterborough Paramedics with support from and Peterborough Public Health. A local clinic was held on June 12th at the Cavan Monaghan Community Centre, where tests were conducted on 208… Continue reading
The sudden appearance of sinkholes under the former railway line along Station Trail left two sections of the trail unstable and unsafe for public use. Extensive repair work is now complete and the $18,332 expense was funded through a transfer from the Parkland Reserve Account. Users in that area should… Continue reading
Tribute signs created by Millbrook South Cavan students surround the Centennial Place sign in anticipation of the appreciation event hosted by the Lions a few weeks ago. Young people in our community are taking the lead in their demonstration of appreciation and compassion, cutting their hair for a cause, starting… Continue reading
Trout Unlimited Millbrook is hosting the “SPLASH! ART CONTEST”, which is an opportunity for children to draw, photograph, or write about their interactions with our local streams this summer Trout Unlimited Millbrook has prizes available for a number of participants, and the top three submissions will be published in the… Continue reading