Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- B.C. landlord replaces windows, doors he removed during rent dispute after province steps in August 11, 2020A landlord has replaced the windows and doors he had previously removed from a rental house in Maple Ridge after the tenant fell behind on the rent.
- COVID-19 cases rise in Maple Leafs Foods plant in Brandon, Man. August 11, 2020Cases are rising among the workers at a Maple Leaf Foods in Brandon, Manitoba, and the union is calling for the plant to be shut down for mandatory testing.
- B.C. landlord replaces windows, doors he removed during rent dispute after province steps in August 11, 2020
- Mets' Marcus Stroman opts out of season over virus concerns August 11, 2020Mets pitcher and former Blue Jays player Marcus Stroman is not returning to Major League Baseball to play for the 2020 season due to his concerns about COVID-19.
- Rangers win 2nd phase of NHL draft lottery for right to choose Alexis Lafreniere August 10, 2020The Rangers won the second phase of the league's draft lottery, all but assuring star winger and presumptive No. 1 pick Alexis Lafreniere will be heading to the Big Apple.
- Mets' Marcus Stroman opts out of season over virus concerns August 11, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
It started small. A project in which to funnel the energy of some nine to twelve-year-olds as the restrictions of social distancing began to wear. The four siblings built the lemonade stand and fine-tuned the 4 P’s of their marketing strategy. The lemonade recipe was tweaked and the freezies sourced;… Continue reading
Following up on a request from the February 18th Council meeting, Director of Planning Karen Ellis presented a proposal for an updated and strengthened Municipal Tree Replacement policy at the most recent Council meeting. The objective was to recognize and protect the important tree canopies on municipal lands, and ensure… Continue reading
This is high season for banquet halls and caterers: wedding and anniversary parties, end of season celebrations, galas for business awards, the list goes on. All of these things are not happening this year, so Kevin and April Sendel, owner/operators of Personal Touch Catering and events that operates the banquet… Continue reading
We have all seen the headlines regarding the litany of concerns in our long term care homes. Neglected residents; soiled bedding; unanswered call bells; sloppy feeding; expired medicines; cockroaches; callous treatment: the list is shocking and endless. Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, I believe the allegations are… Continue reading
No appointment drive-through testing clinics took place across the county over the last few weeks. The clinics were conducted by the Peterborough Paramedics with support from and Peterborough Public Health. A local clinic was held on June 12th at the Cavan Monaghan Community Centre, where tests were conducted on 208… Continue reading
The sudden appearance of sinkholes under the former railway line along Station Trail left two sections of the trail unstable and unsafe for public use. Extensive repair work is now complete and the $18,332 expense was funded through a transfer from the Parkland Reserve Account. Users in that area should… Continue reading
Tribute signs created by Millbrook South Cavan students surround the Centennial Place sign in anticipation of the appreciation event hosted by the Lions a few weeks ago. Young people in our community are taking the lead in their demonstration of appreciation and compassion, cutting their hair for a cause, starting… Continue reading
Trout Unlimited Millbrook is hosting the “SPLASH! ART CONTEST”, which is an opportunity for children to draw, photograph, or write about their interactions with our local streams this summer Trout Unlimited Millbrook has prizes available for a number of participants, and the top three submissions will be published in the… Continue reading