Look for our Community Events Calendar to return here once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
- Quebec reports 877 new cases of COVID-19, 12 more deaths October 20, 2020Quebec health authorities reported 877 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the total number of cases in the province since the start of the pandemic to 95,216.
- Ontario records another significant spike in new COVID-19 cases October 20, 2020Ontario is reporting another spike in the number of new COVID-19 cases, recording more than 800 new infections.
- Quebec reports 877 new cases of COVID-19, 12 more deaths October 20, 2020
- World champion runner Naser wins doping case on technicality October 20, 2020The women's 400-meter world champion has avoided being banned for a doping rule violation on a technicality, according to a ruling published Tuesday.
- Tratnik earns first Giro stage win; Almeida stays in pink October 20, 2020Jan Tratnik earned his first victory in a Grand Tour by winning the 16th stage of the Giro d'Italia and Jo├úo Almeida held on to the pink jersey on Tuesday.
- World champion runner Naser wins doping case on technicality October 20, 2020
Technical concerns? Let us know
Pictured, in the yellow robe, is the Venerable Dayi Shi; the President of the Buddhist Association of Canada and San Francisco. Behind him are visitors from China who were in Cavan recently to see the Wutai Shan Buddhist Garden, being built in Cavan. The official opening of the newly completed… Continue reading
Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves. Humbert Wolfe Indian summer has arrived here in the valley. We haven’t had any frost yet. The warm days and a few good rains have… Continue reading
In May, library patron Mary Murat approached staff at the Cavan Monaghan Libraries with a fundraising idea: hold a “toonie yard sale”. The decision was made to hold it in the Harry Williams Room at the Millbrook Branch to take advantage of the climate controlled facilities and the wonderful parking… Continue reading