Pictured are long time Bethany TD Staff members Evelyn Carlson and Carol Shea in front of the bank vault. The branch began its 100th year of operations on April 16th. The building was built in 1919 for TD, and prior to that year its customers were served at the Millbrook Branch which was accessible from Bethany by train.
The branch retains its old fashioned charm and customer service, acknowledging customers by name and even providing bank services on the street outside the branch doors to customers who can no longer climb the front steps. The building is currently under minor renovations and continues to serve customers three days a week, including some Millbrook residents who moved their accounts over last summer when their branch closed its doors. KG