Two new benches invite passersby to sit and admire the setting at the foot of the Millbrook Dam.
Policy Regarding Letters to the Editor
We welcome the opinions of our readers in the form of letters to the editor. These must be no longer than 200 words and address a local issue, and include the writer’s name and address which must be local. Street addresses are not published. We do not publish 3rd party letters. Letters must be clear, polite and not include any personal attacks on individuals. We reserve the sole discretion on the decision to publish letters on the opinion page which express the views of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of the editor.
- Why this Holocaust survivor began sharing her story after decades of silence January 27, 2022On International Holocaust Rememberance Day, Hedy Bohm shares her story of surviving the Holocaust, how the Nazis murdered her parents, and the message she has for younger generations.
- PM Trudeau in isolation after COVID-19 exposure January 27, 2022Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been exposed to COVID-19 and is isolating for five days. He said that after learning about the exposure last night he took a rapid test and tested negative. The prime minister said he is feeling fine and will be working from home.
- Why this Holocaust survivor began sharing her story after decades of silence January 27, 2022
- Media in Beijing's Olympics bubble enter surreal experience January 27, 2022For journalists covering the Beijing Winter Olympics, China's strict pandemic measures are creating a surreal and somewhat frustrating experience.
- 15-year-old Endrick becomes Brazil's latest soccer sensation January 27, 2022Playing in the final of an under-21 tournament for Brazilian club Palmeiras, 15-year-old Endrick collected the ball behind the midfield line and started to make a run toward goal.
- Media in Beijing's Olympics bubble enter surreal experience January 27, 2022