With a provincial election in the air, no doubt health care funding will get loads of that air time. That’s not the case for public health: it usually takes a crisis like SARS or Walkerton to grab the public’s attention and propel us onto the political radar screen. In this … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsJun21Thu20186:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchJun 21 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting. Non-profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.Jun22Fri20181:00 pm Cards, Coffee & Conversation @ Community CareCards, Coffee & Conversation @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmFRIDAYS Contact to register/details. All welcome!!1:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!1:00 pm Drop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareDrop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmJun23Sat201810:00 am Blocks and BloomsBlocks and BloomsJun 23 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pmTickets on sale May 15th at Bear Essentials and The Quilter’s Bolt in Millbrook for this spectacular one-day event coming on Saturday, June 23, 10am-4pm. Ticket holders are invited to stroll through a dozen distinctive gardens, admire up close the features of handsome heritage properties, and enjoy the beauty and … Continue reading →4:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion Meat DrawRoyal Canadian Legion Meat DrawJun 23 @ 4:30 pmEveryone is welcome!4:30 pm Strawberry Salad Supper @ Centreville Fellowship HallStrawberry Salad Supper @ Centreville Fellowship HallJun 23 @ 4:30 pm – 6:30 pmJun24Sun201810:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolJun 24 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmLocal fresh food, handcrafted items, live music, children’s activities, used book sale.10:00 am Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Jun 24 @ 10:00 am – 2:30 pmTour the grounds of this impressive garden and see the progress made on the Cham Shan Temple. The day will also feature a consecration ceremony for the five newly installed Buddha statues – Five Manjushri Bodhisattvas. Parking is limited. Bus service is available from the Manvers Historical Society leaving Aunt … Continue reading →
- Toronto police search more than 50 properties in organized crime blitz June 21, 2018Toronto police say they carried out more than 50 search warrants across the city and its surrounding regions this morning, targeting an alleged criminal organization.
- Ceremony to be held marking grand opening of Nova Scotia Indigenous court June 21, 2018A ceremony is scheduled for today to mark the grand opening of a unique court on Nova Scotia's Wagmatcook First Nation.
- Wire bristle from BBQ brush gets stuck in 6-year-old Manitoba boy's throat June 21, 2018A 6-year-old Manitoba boy is safe after a wire bristle became lodged in his throat during a Father’s Day barbecue dinner.
- Toronto police search more than 50 properties in organized crime blitz June 21, 2018
- EU says tax on Harleys aimed to 'make noise' in trade debate June 21, 2018European Union Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said Thursday that the grouping has targeted some iconic American imports like Harley-Davidson motorcycles and bourbon for tariffs in hopes that it will "make noise" and put pressure on U.S. leaders amid a trade dispute.
- How to shop like a patriot during a trade spat June 21, 2018CTVNews.ca has compiled a patriotic grocery shopping guide to help Canadians who want to wade into the ongoing Canada-U.S. trade spat with their wallets.
- Reduce taxes, fees to grow Canada's airline industry: study June 21, 2018A new study suggests federal and provincial governments can help ease some of the frustrations of travellers and grow the country's air transport sector by reducing taxes and fees imposed on the industry.
- EU says tax on Harleys aimed to 'make noise' in trade debate June 21, 2018
- Phillies fan injured by flying hot dog launched by Phanatic June 21, 2018It was a flying frankfurter and not a foul ball that left a baseball fan with a black eye in Philadelphia. Kathy McVay says she was at Monday night's Phillies game when the team's mascot, the Phillie Phanatic, rolled out his hot dog launcher.
- NHL Awards: Taylor Hall wins MVP, McDavid wins Ted Lindsay Award June 21, 2018Connor McDavid has won the Ted Lindsay Award as the NHL's most outstanding player as voted on by his fellow players. Taylor Hall has won the Hart Trophy as the NHL's most valuable player for the 2017-18 season.
- Bettman on Senators' situation: 'It's more sensationalized than anything else' June 20, 2018Despite a rash of recent negative headlines suggesting otherwise, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says there is "no issue" with the Ottawa Senators.
- Phillies fan injured by flying hot dog launched by Phanatic June 21, 2018