Karen Graham Last Saturday, Canada’s Wheelchair Rugby team reunited again in London, Ontario for the final preparations for the first ever Wheelchair Rugby competition in the Para Pan Am Games. Local team member Cody Caldwell, who was profiled in November 2013 when he earned a spot on the team, is … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsMar22Thu201812:15 pm Yoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchYoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchMar 22 @ 12:15 pmStretch and strengthen.6:00 pm 🌳Nature-based learning academy e... @ Municipal Offices🌳Nature-based learning academy e... @ Municipal OfficesMar 22 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pmCome learn about our nature-based learning academy putting down roots in the Northumberland Forest in Fall 2018!6:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchMar 22 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting. Non-profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.7:00 pm A Chance to Understand @ St. Thomas’ Anglican ChurchA Chance to Understand @ St. Thomas’ Anglican ChurchMar 22 @ 7:00 pmKAIROS Blanket Exercise to explore Canadian Indigenous history, here where we live. Special guest facilitator Frank Tyrrell, Ambassador of Reconciliation, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. March gathering of the Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society in cooperation with St. Thomas’ Anglican Church, at St. Thomas’ Parish Hall, Centre St., Millbrook. … Continue reading →7:00 pm First Steps on the Road to Indig... @ St Thomas’ Anglican Parish HallFirst Steps on the Road to Indig... @ St Thomas’ Anglican Parish HallMar 22 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pmAll are welcome to attend any or all of the sessions, which will be led by Frank Tyrrell, Ambassador of Reconciliation, Truth& Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC). Thursday, March 1: The Story of Curve Lake First Nation, Thursday Thursday, March 15: Local Treaties: Promises Kept and Promises Broken, Thursday Thursday, … Continue reading →Mar23Fri201810:00 am Free Tax Clinic @ Centennial PlaceFree Tax Clinic @ Centennial PlaceMar 23 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers will prepare tax returns simple returns for anyone with an income of less than $40,000.10:00 am Line Dancing, Beginner @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchLine Dancing, Beginner @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchMar 23 @ 10:00 am1:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareMar 23 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!1:00 pm Drop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareDrop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareMar 23 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Schools close as spring snow storm tracks toward Maritime provinces March 22, 2018Schools are closing across the Maritime provinces as a spring snow storm tracks toward the region.
- Alberta set to unveil 2018 budget, including five-year deficit reduction plan March 22, 2018Alberta is to table its 2018 budget today, and Premier Rachel Notley's government says it will reflect a commitment to continued spending and getting the books balanced.
- Canada-wide warrant issued for second suspect in assault on man with autism March 22, 2018Peel Regional Police have issued a Canada-wide arrest warrant for the second suspect in the case of an assault on a man with autism.
- Schools close as spring snow storm tracks toward Maritime provinces March 22, 2018
- China vows to defend its interests against U.S. trade sanctions March 22, 2018The Chinese government has vowed to take "all necessary measures" to defend China's interests if U.S. President Donald Trump targets China for allegedly stealing American technology or pressuring U.S. companies to hand it over.
- Can Zuckerberg's media blitz take the pressure off Facebook? March 22, 2018In the wake of a privacy scandal involving a Trump-connected data-mining firm, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg embarked on a rare media mini-blitz in an attempt to take some of the public and political pressure off the social network.
- U.S. facing off against AT&T to block merger with Time Warner March 22, 2018The Trump administration is facing off against AT&T to block the telephone giant from absorbing Time Warner, in a case that could shape how consumers get -- and how much they pay for -- streaming TV and movies.
- China vows to defend its interests against U.S. trade sanctions March 22, 2018
- Girl reportedly choked by parent in soccer match fight March 22, 2018A New Mexico youth soccer league is investigating a teen soccer game where racial tensions erupted into a chaotic brawl in which a parent is accused of physically assaulting one of the female players.
- Canada tops South Korea before dumping Sweden at world women's curling playdowns March 22, 2018South Korea's EunJung Kim and the Olympic darling Garlic Girls used a pressure-heavy style to reach the podium at the Winter Games. But it didn't work against Canada's Jennifer Jones on Wednesday at the world women's curling championship.
- NBA scores: Cavaliers end Toronto's nine-game road winning streak March 22, 2018LeBron James scored 35 points and added 17 assists, his last setting up a late a 3-pointer by Kevin Love, and the undermanned Cleveland Cavaliers ended Toronto's nine-game road winning streak with a 132-129 victory over the Eastern Conference-leading Raptors on Wednesday night.
- Girl reportedly choked by parent in soccer match fight March 22, 2018