Last week’s Environmental Review Tribunal decision concluded that the Settlers Landing Wind Turbine Project will Cause Irreversible Harm. The Ministry of Attorney General office released the decision of the Environmental Review Tribunal (ERT) on the appeal of the Settlers Ridge Wind development project. The ERT found that engaging in the … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsJun23Sat201810:00 am Blocks and BloomsBlocks and BloomsJun 23 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pmTickets on sale May 15th at Bear Essentials and The Quilter’s Bolt in Millbrook for this spectacular one-day event coming on Saturday, June 23, 10am-4pm. Ticket holders are invited to stroll through a dozen distinctive gardens, admire up close the features of handsome heritage properties, and enjoy the beauty and … Continue reading →4:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion Meat DrawRoyal Canadian Legion Meat DrawJun 23 @ 4:30 pmEveryone is welcome!4:30 pm Strawberry Salad Supper @ Centreville Fellowship HallStrawberry Salad Supper @ Centreville Fellowship HallJun 23 @ 4:30 pm – 6:30 pmJun24Sun201810:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolJun 24 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmLocal fresh food, handcrafted items, live music, children’s activities, used book sale.10:00 am Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Jun 24 @ 10:00 am – 2:30 pmTour the grounds of this impressive garden and see the progress made on the Cham Shan Temple. The day will also feature a consecration ceremony for the five newly installed Buddha statues – Five Manjushri Bodhisattvas. Parking is limited. Bus service is available from the Manvers Historical Society leaving Aunt … Continue reading →10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallJun 24 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.3:00 pm Pub Sunday – Strawberry Social @ Millbrook LegionPub Sunday – Strawberry Social @ Millbrook LegionJun 24 @ 3:00 pm – 7:00 pmEntertainment by Crossroads. Dinner at 5:00 p.m. Ham, roast beef, homemade salads, strawberry shortcake, tea/coffee. Everyone welcome.Jun25Mon201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Jun 25 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 25 @ 10:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallJun 25 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.
- MeToo for restaurants? Canadian culinary workers call for culture shift June 22, 2018This week's bombshell misconduct allegations against an Ontario winemaker have many culinary workers calling for change, saying a much broader sexism pervades the food and wine world.
- Police say 'bear suit' inventor Troy Hurtubise died in northern Ont. highway crash June 22, 2018The OPP have identified Canadian inventor Troy Hurtubise as the man who died in a fiery collision on Highway 17 west of North Bay last weekend.
- Real police say fake Mounties weren't actually involved in scam of B.C. woman June 22, 2018Vancouver police say a woman who claimed to have been arrested by fake police officers in a fraud scheme exaggerated her report.
- MeToo for restaurants? Canadian culinary workers call for culture shift June 22, 2018
- NEB approves modified Burnaby Terminal plans for Trans Mountain project June 22, 2018The National Energy Board says it has approved modified plans for the Burnaby Terminal of the Trans Mountain pipeline project, clearing a final regulatory hurdle for construction to start.
- Shopify to provide e-commerce platform for online B.C. cannabis sales June 22, 2018British Columbia has selected Shopify Inc. to provide an e-commerce platform for the online sale of non-medical cannabis in the province.
- Quebec crane operators continue strike despite order to return to work June 22, 2018Quebec's striking crane operators defied an order to return to work on Friday, as the province's transport minister announced the government's intention make the union pay the costs of the strike.
- NEB approves modified Burnaby Terminal plans for Trans Mountain project June 22, 2018
- Jays closer Roberto Osuna suspended after assault charge June 22, 2018Major League Baseball has suspended Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna through Aug. 4 under the league's domestic violence policy.
- Sabres excited to draft Swede Rasmus Dahlin first overall June 22, 2018Buffalo Sabres general manager Jason Botterill can't hide his excitement about the chance to select Rasmus Dahlin first overall in the NHL draft.
- Canadian related to 22 of 23 players on Iceland soccer team June 22, 2018A Manitoba man’s genealogical research leads to the discovery that he’s related to 22 of 23 players on Iceland’s World Cup soccer team.
- Jays closer Roberto Osuna suspended after assault charge June 22, 2018