ORCA and Hatch design engineers were on hand last week to connect back with the community about the changes to the Millbrook Dam rehabilitation project scheduled to start this fall. The presentation revealed several improvements that were appreciated by residents who dropped in to see the new drawings. One of … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsJan21Sun201811:00 am Legion Marketplace @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Legion Marketplace @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 21 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pmFeaturing a variety of vendors. Light lunch available, bar open.Jan22Mon20186:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallJan 22 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchJan 22 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Northminster Church, 300 Sunset Blvd., Peterborough. For more info go to www.acesofharmony.com. Help us celebrate the 50th … Continue reading →Jan24Wed20181:00 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 24 @ 1:00 pmEveryone is Welcome!7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceJan 24 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 24 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Jan25Thu20186:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchJan 25 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting St. Thomas More Catholic Church, King Street W. Millbrook. Non-Profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.Jan26Fri20181:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareJan 26 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!8:00 pm Legion Elvis Tribute Concert @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Legion Elvis Tribute Concert @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Jan 26 @ 8:00 pmFeaturing world champion Elvis tribute artist Garry Wesley and Jeff Scott’s tribute to Buddy Holly.
- Halifax women's march roiled by divisions January 20, 2018The women's march in Halifax was roiled by divisions, as members of an offshoot event showed up to call for the recognition of marginalized groups after some people said they felt unsafe at last year's gathering.
- Toronto police search properties connected to man accused in Kinsman, Esen killings January 20, 2018Toronto police continue to search various properties in Toronto and one property near Madoc, Ont., following the arrest of a landscaper who is charged with the murders of two missing men whose bodies have not been found.
- Sherman family's private investigators believe couple was murdered: report January 20, 2018Toronto billionaire philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered according to the findings of a private team of investigators hired by the family, Toronto Star’s Chief Investigative Reporter Kevin Donovan tells CTV News.
- Halifax women's march roiled by divisions January 20, 2018
- Macron says U.K. can't keep full access to E.U. post-Brexit January 20, 2018French President Emmanuel Macron has suggested that Britain is likely to negotiate a unique relationship with the European Union before it leaves the bloc next year, while stressing that any agreement must be consistent with EU rules.
- Tahoe Resources denies water contamination near its Peru gold mine January 20, 2018
- U.S. tax reforms could hurt Canada more than NAFTA pullout: business groups January 19, 2018Business associations are warning that substantial tax changes in the U.S. could end up inflicting more damage on the Canadian economy than would the possible termination of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Macron says U.K. can't keep full access to E.U. post-Brexit January 20, 2018
- Canadians take fourth place in ski cross World Cup races January 20, 2018Canadians Kevin Drury and Kelsey Serwa finished just off the podium Saturday in their respective World Cup ski cross races.
- Kripps, Humphries win bobsled World Cup titles January 20, 2018Canada's Justin Kripps won his first overall World Cup title after placing third in the last two-man bobsled race of the season, while compatriot Kaillie Humphries claimed her fourth women's title on Saturday.
- IOC says North Korea to have 22 athletes in 5 Olympic sports January 20, 2018A Korean unity deal for the Pyeongchang Olympics will bring 22 North Korean athletes across the border to South Korea, where they will march as one under a unification flag at the opening ceremony and compete together in one sport.
- Canadians take fourth place in ski cross World Cup races January 20, 2018