We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsNov17Fri20176:00 pm Ganaraska Region Conservation Au...Ganaraska Region Conservation Au...Nov 17 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pmJoin Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority staff & local bird expert, Chris Ketola, for an exciting night prowling for owls in the Ganaraska Forest. Enjoy a presentation before venturing out on a guided walk in search of an owl or two. Please remember to dress warmly. Children must be 8 years … Continue reading →Nov18Sat20179:00 am St. Thomas More Annual Christmas... @ Millbrook LegionSt. Thomas More Annual Christmas... @ Millbrook LegionNov 18 @ 9:00 am – 1:30 pmEveryone is welcome! Tables featuring: Penny Draw Crafts of all kinds, Homemade Baked Goods New to You Items Soup/Chili Lunch complete with beverage and a sweet Religious Goods section Raffle for prizes including: Cash Handmade Block Quilt Lady’s New York Caravelle watchNov20Mon20176:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallNov 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchNov 20 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Northminster Church, 300 Sunset Blvd., Peterborough. For more info go to www.acesofharmony.com. Help us celebrate the 50th … Continue reading →Nov22Wed20171:00 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 1:00 pmEveryone is Welcome!7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceNov 22 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Nov23Thu20176:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchNov 23 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting St. Thomas More Catholic Church, King Street W. Millbrook. Non-Profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.
- Police allege Toronto man, 32, placed online ad seeking sex with young girls November 17, 2017Police say a 32-year-old Toronto man is facing charges in a child luring investigation.
- Psychiatrist says terror suspect Mohamed Harkat poses low risk of violence November 17, 2017A psychiatrist who has treated terror suspect Mohamed Harkat for the last eight years says the refugee from Algeria is unlikely to commit violent acts.
- Toronto man gets 5 years in prison for claiming nearly $1M in tax refunds November 17, 2017A Toronto man has been sentenced to five years in prison for claiming nearly $1 million in Goods and Services Tax and Harmonized Sales Tax refunds to which he wasn't entitled.
- Police allege Toronto man, 32, placed online ad seeking sex with young girls November 17, 2017
- Keystone spill clean up underway in South Dakota as pipeline vote looms November 17, 2017TransCanada Corp. says work is well underway to clean up a sizeable oil leak on its Keystone pipeline in South Dakota that occurred days before a vote on the fate of the company's flagship pipeline proposal.
- Bombardier to hire 1,000 workers in Montreal for Global 7000 business jet November 17, 2017Bombardier Inc.'s hiring of about 1,000 workers for its new business jet is a signal to young people that the aerospace industry is attractive despite waves of layoffs in recent years, chief executive Alain Bellemare said Friday.
- Teck outlines plan to spend nearly $500 million on dividends, stock buybacks November 17, 2017Teck Resources has announced plans to issue a special dividend to its shareholders, in addition to its regular dividend, and increase its share buyback program by $230 million.
- Keystone spill clean up underway in South Dakota as pipeline vote looms November 17, 2017
- Nigerian bobsled team qualifies for PyeongChang Olympics November 17, 2017A trio of Nigerian women completed the final two of five required qualifying races in Calgary on Wednesday to earn a spot in the upcoming Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea.
- 'Mental toughness' helping Connor Brown avoid the dreaded sophomore slump November 17, 2017Following a rookie season in which he recorded 20 goals while suiting up in all 82 regular season games, Connor Brown is well on pace to shatter that number.
- Canada's most popular pro sports league had humble beginnings 100 years ago November 17, 2017The five men who met on Nov. 26, 1917 to form the National Hockey League could not have dreamed of the 31-team, multi-billion-dollar enterprise it would become a century later.
- Nigerian bobsled team qualifies for PyeongChang Olympics November 17, 2017