Melodie Seto It is often said that life experiences help make us who we are. Julie Vallieresis no stranger to this concept as she presses forward in her journey to redefine herself. Now a married 42 year old mother of three, she reflects on her20+ year battle with depression and … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsJun21Thu201810:00 am Be Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchBe Fit @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 21 @ 10:00 amExercises that will improve and maintain strength and flexibility.10:45 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchCoffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 21 @ 10:45 am11:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 21 @ 11:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM12:00 pm June Luncheon @ Baxter Creek Golf ClubJune Luncheon @ Baxter Creek Golf ClubJun 21 @ 12:00 pmOn the menu – Chicken breast, whipped potato, vegetable, dessert, tea/coffee. Musical Entertainment – The Kawartha Music Group.12:15 pm Yoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchYoga @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 21 @ 12:15 pmStretch and strengthen.6:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchJun 21 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting. Non-profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.Jun22Fri20181:00 pm Cards, Coffee & Conversation @ Community CareCards, Coffee & Conversation @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmFRIDAYS Contact to register/details. All welcome!!1:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!1:00 pm Drop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareDrop in Social – Crafts, Coffee ... @ Community CareJun 22 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Wire bristle from BBQ brush gets stuck in 6-year-old Manitoba boy's throat June 21, 2018A 6-year-old Manitoba boy is safe after a wire bristle became lodged in his throat during a Father’s Day barbecue dinner.
- Does Canada separate migrant families or detain children? June 21, 2018U.S. President Donald Trump has rescinded a policy that separated migrant children from their parents and placed them in detention centres, but the outcry over the situation has prompted many Canadians to ask about their own country’s detention practices.
- Winemaker Norman Hardie denies some misconduct allegations, says "many" are true June 20, 2018Ontario winemaker Norman Hardie is disputing parts of a report detailing accusations of sexual misconduct against him, while admitting that "many" of the allegations are true.
- Wire bristle from BBQ brush gets stuck in 6-year-old Manitoba boy's throat June 21, 2018
- Tim Hortons spending $100M to revamp distribution, open new warehouses June 20, 2018Tim Hortons will spend $100 million to revamp its distribution system and open two new Canadian warehouses, months after some franchisees were angered when supply deliveries from the company were delayed because of software upgrades.
- N.S. hopes to expand offshore oil, environmentalists criticize move June 20, 2018Nova Scotia has committed millions of dollars to encourage offshore exploration, hoping to bring billions more in oil riches -- even as ecologists say the cash would be better used to counter carbon emissions.
- Nexen Energy announces $400M expansion of its oilsands project in Alberta June 20, 2018Nexen Energy says it will spend about $400 million to build a 26,000-barrel-per-day expansion of its Long Lake oilsands project in northern Alberta.
- Tim Hortons spending $100M to revamp distribution, open new warehouses June 20, 2018
- Edmonton Oilers' Connor McDavid wins NHL's MVP award June 21, 2018Connor McDavid has won the Ted Lindsay Award as the NHL's most outstanding player as voted on by his fellow players.
- Bettman on Senators' situation: 'It's more sensationalized than anything else' June 20, 2018Despite a rash of recent negative headlines suggesting otherwise, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says there is "no issue" with the Ottawa Senators.
- Player union blasts concussion management at World Cup June 20, 2018The global footballers union is criticizing concussion management at the World Cup amid rising concern about the potential degenerative damage to players' brains from repeatedly heading balls.
- Edmonton Oilers' Connor McDavid wins NHL's MVP award June 21, 2018