Karen Graham Wayne Hancock, Director of Public Works, submitted recommendations to Council on Monday regarding the Township waste collection program. After reviewing the waste policies of other municipalities along with the proposed new County By-law, Hancock recommended the elimination of bag tags for curbside collection of residential and commercial waste … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsNov17Fri20176:00 pm Ganaraska Region Conservation Au...Ganaraska Region Conservation Au...Nov 17 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pmJoin Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority staff & local bird expert, Chris Ketola, for an exciting night prowling for owls in the Ganaraska Forest. Enjoy a presentation before venturing out on a guided walk in search of an owl or two. Please remember to dress warmly. Children must be 8 years … Continue reading →Nov18Sat20179:00 am St. Thomas More Annual Christmas... @ Millbrook LegionSt. Thomas More Annual Christmas... @ Millbrook LegionNov 18 @ 9:00 am – 1:30 pmEveryone is welcome! Tables featuring: Penny Draw Crafts of all kinds, Homemade Baked Goods New to You Items Soup/Chili Lunch complete with beverage and a sweet Religious Goods section Raffle for prizes including: Cash Handmade Block Quilt Lady’s New York Caravelle watchNov20Mon20176:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallNov 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchNov 20 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Northminster Church, 300 Sunset Blvd., Peterborough. For more info go to www.acesofharmony.com. Help us celebrate the 50th … Continue reading →Nov22Wed20171:00 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 1:00 pmEveryone is Welcome!7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceNov 22 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Nov23Thu20176:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchNov 23 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting St. Thomas More Catholic Church, King Street W. Millbrook. Non-Profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.
- Victoria, B.C. to tighten limits on number of dogs in area parks November 17, 2017Victoria-area politicians are considering putting limits on the number of dogs people can walk and charging a fee for dog-walking businesses who use regional parks amid complaints about packs of wandering animals.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings interested in broken Churchill rail line: government November 17, 2017The federal government says a Toronto-based holding company is interested in becoming a new partner in a possible deal for a takeover of the broken rail line that runs to Churchill in northern Manitoba.
- Injured veteran struggling to pay bills feels forgotten by feds November 17, 2017A 60-year-old veteran of the Royal Canadian Navy is accusing federal officials of not recognizing a neck injury he says he sustained in 1994 while deployed in Barbados.
- Victoria, B.C. to tighten limits on number of dogs in area parks November 17, 2017
- Canada and Mexico ready to engage U.S. on NAFTA sunset clause November 17, 2017Canada and Mexico are prepared to engage the United States on one of its most contentious demands for NAFTA, in an early indication that proposals currently deemed non-starters could, in theory, be redesigned into something all three countries can live with.
- Asian stocks rise on high U.S. earnings November 17, 2017Asian shares were mostly higher Friday, extending global gains after Wall Street reported a round of healthy earnings and U.S. politicians took a step forward on U.S. President Donald Trump's tax reform plan.
- Keystone pipeline leaks 795,000 litres of crude oil in South Dakota November 16, 2017TransCanada Corp. said its original Keystone pipeline has leaked an estimated 795,000 litres of oil in Marshall County, S.D. just days before Nebraska is set to decide the fate of plans to expand the pipeline network.
- Canada and Mexico ready to engage U.S. on NAFTA sunset clause November 17, 2017
- NHL scores: Coyotes rally to beat Canadiens for 1st win of season November 17, 2017Derek Stepan and Christian Fischer scored power-play goals in the third period and Arizona rallied to beat Montreal 5-4 for its first regulation victory of the season.
- Trump to host NCAA champions at White House November 17, 2017U.S. President Donald Trump is set to host collegiate sports championship teams at the White House Friday.
- Burglars steal $400,000 from Venus Williams' Florida home November 16, 2017Burglars hit tennis star Venus Williams' Florida home, stealing $400,000 worth of goods while she was at the U.S. Open.
- NHL scores: Coyotes rally to beat Canadiens for 1st win of season November 17, 2017