On Canada Day, the Millbrook and District Legion hosted another Rubber Duck race along Baxter Creek. More than 200 ducks were rented for the race at $5 each to raise money to help pay for brick restoration on the Legion building. First place for duck race was Chad Buchanan, with second place taken by Paulette Harrigon and the third place by Naish Butler. After a $100 donation to the Omemee Lions for the use of their ducks, the event cleared $1000.00 for the restoration of the bricks on Legion building. KG
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsApr21Sat20188:30 am Pancake Breakfast @ Mount Pleasant Women’s InstitutePancake Breakfast @ Mount Pleasant Women’s InstituteApr 21 @ 8:30 am – 11:00 amNo tickets required – pay at the door.4:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion Meat DrawRoyal Canadian Legion Meat DrawApr 21 @ 4:30 pmEveryone is welcome!8:00 pm Karaoke Night, Royal Cdn Legion 402 @ Millbrook LegionKaraoke Night, Royal Cdn Legion 402 @ Millbrook LegionApr 21 @ 8:00 pm – 11:59 pmApr22Sun201810:00 am Earth Day Local Seed Swap @ Old Millbrook SchoolEarth Day Local Seed Swap @ Old Millbrook SchoolApr 22 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmPlease bring any leftover vegetable or flower seeds from this year to the Millbrook Farmers’ Market and swap for something new.10:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolApr 22 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmFood and artisan vendors, music, book sale, StoryTree for Kids at 11am.10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallApr 22 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.Apr23Mon201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Apr 23 @ 10:00 am1:00 pm New Drop-in Social – Cards, Coff...New Drop-in Social – Cards, Coff...Apr 23 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmNew Drop in Social – Cards, Coffee & Conversation: Mondays starting April 2. Contact: Karen Morton 705-932-2011 to register/details. All welcome!!6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallApr 23 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.
- Thousands light up at Vancouver beach for smoke-hazed 4-20 April 20, 2018The 24th annual 4-20 rally on Vancouver's Sunset Beach drew a crowd long before pot smokers were expected to light up at 4:20 p.m.
- Doug Ford says he'll take high road after crude comment by Liberal organizer April 20, 2018A senior campaign official for the Ontario Liberals is apologizing for a crude comment he made on live television about Progressive Conservative Leader Doug Ford.
- CN Tower, closed since Monday due to falling ice concerns, to reopen April 20, 2018The CN Tower will reopen late Friday afternoon after being closed since Monday due to concerns about ice falling from the Toronto landmark.
- Thousands light up at Vancouver beach for smoke-hazed 4-20 April 20, 2018
- Marijuana sector firms get marketing pushback as legalization looms April 20, 2018Some Canadian marijuana sector companies are getting pushback against their marketing efforts from social media platforms and government officials as legalization of recreational pot looms and regulations are not yet final.
- FAA orders more engine inspections after Southwest accident April 20, 2018The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration on Friday ordered ultrasound inspections of hundreds of jet engines like the one that blew apart at 32,000 feet in a deadly accident aboard a Southwest Airlines plane.
- Metis, Manitoba agree to 2-week 'reset' before heading to court in hydro spat April 20, 2018The Manitoba Metis Federation and the province have agreed to a two-week "reset" to avoid meeting in court over planned hydro projects.
- Marijuana sector firms get marketing pushback as legalization looms April 20, 2018
- Speed Skating Canada fires coach Crowe after investigation April 20, 2018Speed Skating Canada has fired national long-track speedskating team coach Michael Crowe.
- CFL announces that none of its teams exceeded salary cap during 2017 season April 20, 2018The CFL announced Friday all nine of its teams were under the $5.15-million salary cap in 2017.
- Hurricanes' coach Bill Peters resigns after 4 seasons with club April 20, 2018Bill Peters has resigned as the Carolina Hurricanes' coach after four seasons and no playoff berths.
- Speed Skating Canada fires coach Crowe after investigation April 20, 2018