2nd and 4th Thursday of each month in the Dorothy Stevens Room.
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times has been serving Cavan-Monaghan and surrounding area since 1987
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Visit us on Facebook @themillbrooktimes
Upcoming EventsJun24Sun201810:00 am Millbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolMillbrook Farmers’ Market @ Old Millbrook SchoolJun 24 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmLocal fresh food, handcrafted items, live music, children’s activities, used book sale.10:00 am Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Open House at Wutai Shan Buddhis...Jun 24 @ 10:00 am – 2:30 pmTour the grounds of this impressive garden and see the progress made on the Cham Shan Temple. The day will also feature a consecration ceremony for the five newly installed Buddha statues – Five Manjushri Bodhisattvas. Parking is limited. Bus service is available from the Manvers Historical Society leaving Aunt … Continue reading →10:30 am St Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallSt Thomas’ Kids’ Club @ St Thomas Anglican Parish HallJun 24 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am(Most) Sunday mornings. Games, outdoor education activities, sewing, cooking, scavenger hunts, crafts, story-telling, outings, and many more worthwhile & fun-filled activities!! A welcoming, safe, and inclusive group open to all kids. Parents or care-givers welcome too! Ontario-certified outdoor education teacher on leadership team.3:00 pm Pub Sunday – Strawberry Social @ Millbrook LegionPub Sunday – Strawberry Social @ Millbrook LegionJun 24 @ 3:00 pm – 7:00 pmEntertainment by Crossroads. Dinner at 5:00 p.m. Ham, roast beef, homemade salads, strawberry shortcake, tea/coffee. Everyone welcome.Jun25Mon201810:00 am Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Coffee Club @ St. Thomas Anglican Church.Jun 25 @ 10:00 am10:00 am Tai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchTai Chi – Beginner Class @ St. Thomas Anglican ChurchJun 25 @ 10:00 amNew session starts April first week April Mondays 10 AM and Thursdays 11 AM6:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallJun 25 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony @ Northminster ChurchJun 25 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening. All men are welcome to join us to discover the joy and challenge of barbershop singing!
- Syrian children's choir from Toronto skips festival over U.S. travel ban fears June 23, 2018A Toronto-based Syrian children's choir will not be travelling to the United States to perform at an international festival due to fears about crossing the boarder under the Trump administration's travel ban, its founder said Saturday.
- 'We want answers': Drilling fluids spill off Nova Scotia sparks concerns June 23, 2018First Nations and environmental activists say they're 'extremely concerned' after drilling fluids were spilled off the coast of Nova Scotia during a BP Canada oil exploration project.
- Vancouver shuts down Downtown Eastside residence due to 'deplorable negligence' June 23, 2018The City of Vancouver is shutting down a decrepit residence on the Downtown Eastside, where some of the city's most vulnerable have been living in what the CEO of a non-profit housing society said are mould- and feces-ridden conditions.
- Syrian children's choir from Toronto skips festival over U.S. travel ban fears June 23, 2018
- OPEC and allies agree to share oil production increase June 23, 2018OPEC nations and oil-producing countries not in the cartel said Saturday they have agreed to share increased oil production a day after OPEC announced it would pump more crude oil -- a move that should help contain the recent rise in global energy prices.
- Pro-EU protesters march in London, demand new vote on Brexit June 23, 2018Tens of thousands of anti-Brexit protesters marched Saturday in London to demand a new referendum on leaving the European Union, as a divided Britain marked the second anniversary of its vote to quit the bloc.
- NEB approves modified Burnaby Terminal plans for Trans Mountain project June 22, 2018The National Energy Board says it has approved modified plans for the Burnaby Terminal of the Trans Mountain pipeline project, clearing a final regulatory hurdle for construction to start.
- OPEC and allies agree to share oil production increase June 23, 2018
- Flames deal Hamilton, Ferland and a prospect to Hurricanes for Lindholm, Hanifin June 23, 2018The Calgary Flames traded defenceman Dougie Hamilton, forward Micheal Ferland and blue line prospect Adam Fox to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Elias Lindholm and defenceman Noah Hanifin on Saturday at the NHL draft.
- Hurting Neymar gets emotional at the World Cup June 23, 2018Neymar is hurting, probably physically and almost for sure emotionally. After a dramatic outburst late in the 2-0 victory over Costa Rica on Friday, he dropped to his knees and cried when the referee blew the final whistle.
- COC session vote approves Calgary as potential host for 2026 Olympics June 23, 2018The Canadian Olympic Committee session voted Saturday to approve Calgary as a potential host for the 2026 Winter Olympics.
- Flames deal Hamilton, Ferland and a prospect to Hurricanes for Lindholm, Hanifin June 23, 2018