New mothers in Peterborough have told us that they are not comfortable breastfeeding their baby in public. Our last survey found that 49% of new moms were uncomfortable breastfeeding in restaurants and 45% felt the same way about stores and malls. Who could blame them when we had a recent … Continue reading
We want to hear from you!
The Millbrook Times
P.O. Box 230, Millbrook, ON
Write us here!
Upcoming EventsNov18Sat2017Nov20Mon20176:30 pm Modern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallModern Square Dance Lessons with... @ George Street United Church HallNov 20 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmWeekly on Mondays. Singles, couples, all ages welcome! Just $5 per night.7:30 pm The Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchThe Aces of Harmony Welcomes a N... @ Northminster ChurchNov 20 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Aces of Harmony, a four-part a cappella men’s chorus, invites all men between the ages of 14 and 88 to join us in song every Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Northminster Church, 300 Sunset Blvd., Peterborough. For more info go to www.acesofharmony.com. Help us celebrate the 50th … Continue reading →Nov22Wed20171:00 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Progre... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 1:00 pmEveryone is Welcome!7:00 pm Millbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceMillbrook Community Choir @ Centennial PlaceNov 22 @ 7:00 pmAll are welcome to come and sing!7:30 pm Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Royal Canadian Legion 402 Dart L... @ Royal Canadian Legion Branch 402Nov 22 @ 7:30 pmRegister at 7:30 pm, play at 8:00 pm. Join the league or spares are welcome!Nov23Thu20176:00 pm TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchTOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly @ St. Thomas More Catholic ChurchNov 23 @ 6:00 pmEvery Thursday 6pm weigh-in, 6:45pm meeting St. Thomas More Catholic Church, King Street W. Millbrook. Non-Profit, affordable, friendly weight loss.Nov24Fri20171:00 pm Community Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareCommunity Care Drop-in Social @ Community CareNov 24 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pmCrafts, Coffee& Conversation All welcome!!
- Review board orders B.C. man who killed kids to remain in custody November 18, 2017A panel has decided against changing custodial conditions for a British Columbia man who killed his three children during a psychotic break.
- Ex-Laval mayor who was sentenced to six years for corruption gets day parole November 17, 2017The former mayor of Quebec's third-largest city who was sentenced to six years in prison last December after pleading guilty to conspiracy, fraud and breach of trust has been granted day parole.
- Longtime Inuit politician Paul Quassa chosen as new premier of Nunavut November 17, 2017A longtime Inuit politician has been chosen as the fourth premier of Nunavut. Paul Quassa was chosen by his fellow legislature members following a short campaign and vote.
- Review board orders B.C. man who killed kids to remain in custody November 18, 2017
- BlackBerry COO Marty Beard resigning to deal with family situation: CP November 17, 2017A person with knowledge of the situation says that BlackBerry Ltd.'s chief operating officer has resigned in order to deal with a family health issue.
- Loblaw pre-orders 25 Tesla electric trucks for undisclosed price November 17, 2017Canada's largest supermarket chain Loblaw says it is among the first purchasers of Tesla's new electric truck.
- Canadian funds like energy stocks despite potential rejection in Norway November 17, 2017Oil and gas investments may have soured for managers of the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund but a Canadian fund says it has plenty of room for such securities in its portfolio.
- BlackBerry COO Marty Beard resigning to deal with family situation: CP November 17, 2017
- Despite criticism, 57% of Canadians find Edmonton Eskimos name 'acceptable': survey November 18, 2017The term 'Eskimo' is widely considered an ethnic slur by Inuit people, but a majority of Canadians don’t have a problem with the branding of the CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos, according to a new survey.
- DeRozan, Lowry score 22 points apiece to lift Raptors to 107-84 win over Knicks November 18, 2017Late in the first half, Kyle Lowry walked the ball up to just past halfcourt, nonchalantly pointed skyward before launching the alley-oop that DeMar DeRozan finished in spectacular fashion.
- NHL GMs pleased so far on league initiative to crack down on slashing November 17, 2017If there are any qualms about the National Hockey League's crackdown on slashes to the hands, they are not shared by the general managers.
- Despite criticism, 57% of Canadians find Edmonton Eskimos name 'acceptable': survey November 18, 2017